Where are the Mermen?

Alteil Art and Artists

Where are the Mermen?

Postby kirk22 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:47 pm

I was looking over my collections of Mermaids and Deep Ones and it got me thinking. If there are mermaids, then there must be mermen as well. How else would they get more mermaids? As far as I know, the only male in related to the mermaids is Vonderam. So is he the father of all the mermaids? If so, how did he make them? How does he make others? There are only three explanations I could come up with.

1) Merfolk are the hillbillies of the sea. Vonderam is daddy and husband to all mermaids and we just don't get to see the horrible creatures that merincest creates.

2) Mermen are very very lazy. We never see them doing anything, they don't even seem to care that there's a war going on. All they want to do is sit around in whatever houses they live in(sand houses?) and make little merchildren which they will not help raise. In short, there the dead beat dads of the sea.

3) All mermen are giant sea horses like Vonderam. Like normal sea horses, the males give birth. So we never see them because there either pregnant or busy dealing with a bunch of little children.
ImageImage
kirk22

Re: Where are the Mermen?

Postby winfrith279 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:03 pm

My theories are:
They get pregnant from land dwellers's excretions washed into the seas
They are bi
The original pic was too big. °ᴥ°
winfrith279

Postby gadu » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:16 pm

winfrith279 wrote:They are bi

So much Big Boob action @_@
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby ChiYoung » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:46 pm

I'm sure that mermen are mentioned in the flavour text somewhere...
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Postby kirk22 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:03 am

ChiYoung wrote:I'm sure that mermen are mentioned in the flavour text somewhere...

I have most of them. No mention of mermen. All the Deep Ones seem to be female as well.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby Seizan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:50 am

Seizan

Postby Shirozaki » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:36 am

Actually some fish, like shark, reproduce via internal fertilization, which does not really answer the question, so you might want to come down from your horse for once.

As to Vonderam, we don't know WHAT he is, considering that he is also a shapeshifting shota-god at times that can sprout wings.
A common form of reproduction in fiction is...transforming into a human and entering the land, which according to Emana is "very humiliating to Mermaids" (But what does that tell us about Shufas, who enjoys going on land?).
Alternatively they are "Sea Fey" (The Fairy Folk of the Sea), which are prankster spirits that are ageless and genderless, and thus kidnap human children or men for destroy, torture, and lulz.
Alternatively there is Logress.

A clear case of "don't think too much about it".
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby LoneKnight » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:01 am

I think the "fey" in Alteil-verse are the mazoku. They seem to fit the description.

I'd place my bets on the transformation, personally.
LoneKnight

Postby Shirozaki » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:50 am

I wouldn't say so, the mazoku are completely disconnected and individual concepts which don't follow a community structure, like a fey folk supposedly does (I don't see any real relation to real mazoku either, but then again our fairies are disney-characters) and not necessarily evil (some of them are genuinely good, some only care for the concept they visualize).
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby ChiYoung » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:04 pm

When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Next

Return to LeBeau's Studio