Temporary/Pernament Buffs/Debuffs

Advanced Rules Discussion

Temporary/Pernament Buffs/Debuffs

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:46 am

So here's the scenario.
Say you sylph one of your units with agi 1, and then elite fencer hits that unit with her start. Next turn, your unit has agi -2.
Say you buff fierce with his skill while hound master is in play. Next turn, would he get 5 agi and 60 attack or would he actually gain less buff than usual, so that if black hound master dies, he would be left with 3 agi 40 attack?
Icyman2

Re: Temporary/Pernament Buffs/Debuffs

Postby Icyglare » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:18 am

Fierce would still have 4 AGI, the game keeps track of what buff is permanent and temporary.

Like in your first example, the slyph'd unit has +5Agi temp and -3Agi perm. Next turn, it's 1agi - 3agi perm = 2agi current
So for Fierce, the game knows that it's current agi is 4 and hound master's effects are temp, next turn Fierce will be at it's current/perm agi of 4.

-

I think the worst example I saw was a temp atk boosted EX Wizard Soldier of Regus, it had 60atk, used Force Blade which caused a permanent -50%(-30atk) and then next turn had 0atk current. Person originally used it in hopes Force Blade did -30atk off of the temporary atk boost leaving 30 atk still but rules didn't work out that way.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Spears » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:20 am

Forceblade used to halve attack rather than -30 which seemed to confuse it somewhat and it did retain half the buffed attack.
Spears

Postby gadu » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Icyglare wrote:Like in your first example, the slyph'd unit has +5Agi temp and -3Agi perm. Next turn, it's 1agi - 3agi perm = 2agi current
So for Fierce, the game knows that it's current agi is 4 and hound master's effects are temp, next turn Fierce will be at it's current/perm agi of 4.

Blade Wyvern swap is an exception I think.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Seizan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:43 am

Not sure what you mean. If wyvern swaps with agi 7 (2 + temp buff) unit, it should have permament agi 7, since temporary buff was on agi 2 unit. Wyvern can't lose agi, since it wasn't affected by temorary effect in first place. Unless it loses, which would be bug IMO.
Seizan

Postby Icyglare » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:16 pm

gadu wrote:Blade Wyvern swap is an exception I think.

Nah, it still follows the rule because it's skill makes a perm buff/debuff regardless if it has a temp buff/debuff on it.

Blade Wyvern is AGI2 and EX:CAK is AGI3. Let's say you played Undine to make Blade Wyvern AGI -3 and other person played Sylph making EXCAK AGI 8. When Blade Wyvern does it's skill, it will switch the current AGI of itself and ExCak and make them both permanent causing Blade Wyvern to keep AGI8 next turn and EXCAK Agi -3.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Logress » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:23 pm

Blade Wyvern's skill effectively gives itself a perm AGI equal to another units AGI (and vica verca). It doesn't care if that other unit's AGI is perm or temp. It's just copying a number.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Out of all threads...What?!
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Callonia » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:53 pm

Shirozaki wrote:Out of all threads...What?!

I lol'd
Callonia

Postby ChiYoung » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Clearly Logress enjoys gameplay mechanics! Quickly brethren, we must post more in this forum!
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Next

Return to Vordore's War Room