Returning player looking for a guild

Returning player looking for a guild

Postby Scientiafide » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:11 pm

It's been over a year since I last played, so for all intents and purposes I'm like a new player to alteil; however, I'm no stranger to card games. I've been playing various CCGs and card games for around 10 years now (Since I was 12 heh).

Personally, I'm looking for the following in a guild:

1) A fun, active drama-free community. I'm a pretty chill guy who likes to joke around and have fun. This is the most important aspect for me.

2) A guild with members who are interested in sharing ideas and strategies, and/or potential interest in game theory and statistical analysis. I'm a bit of a nerd what can I say...

What I don't want in a guild:

1) A "zomg we're so hax let's pwn noobs" environment. I don't particularly care for e-penis contests. I play games to relax and have fun, and for it's interesting strategic elements. Often times when I invest some time and energy in a game I do very well, there's nothing wrong with friendly competitiveness and success in a game. What I'm chastising is the disparaging attitude some gamers have towards other gamers when they meet success, while feeling the need to stroke their own egos. I find it obnoxious and don't really want any part of it.

Not to say I can't take a joke or anything, I'm not a hard-ass XD But in every game there are always guilds with players obsessed with being leet and other BS, and I'd like to avoid that if possible.

So in short, I'm kind of asking the player community where exactly would I fit in? Two guilds seemed to stick out for me: Circle of Eldritch magi and Order of the Black Knights. The reason for this is I noticed these two guilds have a lot of posts and topics in their forums (for what is essentially a game with a very small community). This seems to show that they're very active and potentially like to chat and joke around; however, there may be newer guilds that have what I'm looking for that have yet to be established. Guild prestige and age aren't really a factor for me. since I believe a good upstart guild could have the potential for longevity if it has a good community.

As for what I'd bring to a guild that would accept me:

1) Corny jokes! Never go hungry again!

2) I apologize for that last one that was particularly bad. I know I'm not funny but I try ( Noble modesty and humbleness that commands respect from peers!)

3) Haha nah I'm awesome (Cocky and sexy confidence that's all the rage these days! Never go unlaid again!)

4) Not that alteil players have trouble getting laid I'm sure (Potential dry wit? Potential self-deprecating humor? lolwut?)

5) A sharp mind that can help elevate your game with cutting-edge analysis and statistics. Reach that coveted leet status. No seriously, I'm actually serious about this part. Not that I wasn't serious about the other things I'd bring of course. Naturally.

Oh yea this is a good time to point out I can be a bit of a nut, so any guild that accepts me will have to bear with me on that. Don't worry last I checked lunacy isn't contagious. Only alteil lycanthropy lunacy is (oh an alteil joke, yay...)

Scientiafide

Re: Returning player looking for a guild

Postby wakka9ca » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Check out our recruitment page.

Not all of our members are active, but we have a bunch with various talents..
wakka9ca

Postby AquasFire2 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:55 pm

Fell free to apply to our guild also.We are not that competitive of a guild and the way you described your self.I think you would just fit in fine with us :)
AquasFire2

Postby wakka9ca » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:10 pm

Our guild has all types of players:

A few of them are top players and grinding hard
A few of them are retired players still lurking around
A few of them are spending players
A few of them are beginners
Quite a few of them are comebackers
A few of them are interested in other aspect of Alteil (other than the game itself)
A few of them plays on Alteil JP (myself included) and give exclusive previews of JP cards and prebuilts, promotions, etc.
A few of them are artists, programmers, etc.

And we have one of the best individualized banners in Alteil US forums.
wakka9ca

Postby Elliah » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:39 pm

Check out our recruitment page.

Not all of our members are active, but we have a bunch with various talents..

No I didn't lazily copy-paste wakka9ca, I just happens to have the same thing to say about our guild :lol: .
We don't have (yet ?) signatures and so on to show our name around on the forum, but our guild is Yuni City Dueslists and our guild leader made a short presentation here :
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11745

Our guild is relatively new compared to all the others (a few months), and might match your expectations. Basically, we are mostly composed of "new" players (well a few months for most), trying to improve and share fun moments on the chat or in the training arena. It's still a bit early to tell you if it will be successful long term to be honest, but some of us, myself included, will try hard to make it happen. About activity, I can just tell you that we often have people in the chat, I don't know if it's 24/24 but just check the chat when you're on and you'll be able to see by yourself. And we don't really have grinders so our activity in folrart is a bit random :oops: depending on the real life duties of everyone.

On our side, I believe you would also match people we want with us, which are friendly people, able to use a minimum communications tools (forum/mails/chat) and respectful of others. And that's pretty much all, but it's harder to find than expected :lol: (or not so much without a guild already).

So, it's a bit up to you to decide if you want to take the risk of an on going project or rather join a guild with solid foundations and any veterans, each choice has its own flavor.

Good luck with your come back on Alteil anyway ;) .

Oh by the way, by joining us you're also signing a contract of eternal servitude to the great me. But fear not, my (magicall) whip shall make you feel better my (future) minion !
I decided to stop Alteil because it is no longer fun thanks to set 10 and what some people became; I gave my account so if you meet me it's not me.
Elliah

Postby kirk22 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:34 pm

As my borrowed(stolen) sig will tell you I'm in The Heros of Lavato. Like Aquas said, we're not a competitive guild, but we'd like to be. We accept just about anyone who is active and we'd love to have you. Sure, we may not spell Heroes correctly, but thats because we think it looks better the way we spelled it......yea, thats not true. Aquas just can't spell, but the rest of us can(most of the time). Anyway, you should join us, help us expand and become the guild we want to be.

Become a hero today.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby winfrith279 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Join Elite! You instantly join without the need to type in any password! It accepts everyone!
The original pic was too big. °ᴥ°
winfrith279

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:53 pm

I wanna thank everyone for taking the time to respond and giving me a lil bit of info on your respective guilds. You all seem like pretty cool people, so it was difficult to pick a single guild. Anyway, I look forward to playing all of ya and chatting you all up on folrart :D

Scientiafide

Return to General Guild Chat