Welcome to the video capture section...

The forum for video captured battles

Welcome to the video capture section...

Postby edgarfigaro » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:44 pm

We've created this forum for users to capture gameplay. We've started to create some of our own for tutorial purposes and plan to do others with voice over. We use Cam Studio which is free and has a good number of options. If you plan on capturing video, please capture audio even if it's music and sound effects. There is microphone support too which would be neat to see.

Get creative, show off amazing combos, create a training video, go over advanced tactics, the possibilities are endless. You can use YouTube to upload your videos, but you may have to cut up long clips. Now let's get cracking!

***IMPORTANT NOTE*** ~ If you will be posting video, you MUST get consent from your rival. You must ask him in chat if it is okay to record this battle. Be as direct and straightforward as possible. "Is it okay if I record this battle and upload it to a video sharing site?" Also if you are recording, please try to keep the dialogue box clear of any vulgarities and profane words.
"what on earth did you just say? did someone nerf your keyboard?" ~Spears
I feel that way all the time Spears, all the time.
edgarfigaro

Re: Welcome to the video capture section...

Postby Logress » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:28 pm

We're going to try and keep making them, hopefully they'll be a good tool for users. The one Edgar posted up above is meant for beginners, he takes his time showing where to put your SP, etc, etc. We've got a few more showing off the new starters, but we're experimenting with encoding and sizing, etc.

A note about the whole asking your opponent in the chat window thing. That's just a neat way to make sure everything's cool, have a record of it, and prove it to us all in one easy step. Of course, you're not going to always want to post your entire duel, so even if you're only showing one 20 second combo, be sure to include the part where you ask for permission at the beginning of the clip.

Attempting to use video editing to falsify your opponent's agreement may result in being locked in a closet with Extension and a copy of the Encyclopedia Britannica.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Nehless » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:38 pm

Great tool guys, I think I'm going to be using this for more than just Alteil :)
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

Postby Logress » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:41 am

Yeah, and it's so easy to use. Sorry we're taking so long to get more videos up, but since ours are designed with beginners in mind, we're trying to get the encode good enough to be able to read everything. I'm sure you guys will be showing off more advanced moves, so you can assume your viewers already know what all the cards do and can identify them easily, and you won't have to worry about making every little thing readable.
Logress

Postby Logress » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:39 pm

We have some more videos up in out Game Media section. We have Refess vs. Lawtia and Gowen vs. Lawtia. These videos are intended to show new players how a round of Alteil flows. We are hard art work building more videos, beginner and advanced on: complex strategies, card spotlights, and other unique game aspects. Stay tuned for more!

http://www.alteil.com/index.php/game-info/game-media
Logress

Postby Porky » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:20 am

Okay so I recorded a video with the camstudio thing, but is there a converter function because the 20minute video is 900mbs=/

So it converted to flash as 3 files and in total its still about 6-700 megabytes=(
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Real media file is kinda the smallest of all, so if the original file is .avi (forgot what it is) then this should work :
http://www.allformp3.com/avi-to-rm.html
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby WhiteReaper » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:42 pm

Got any programs like cam studio that would work on my Macbook
WhiteReaper

Postby ValVolt » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:14 am

White: try googling for "screencast mac".
As for myself, for linux, I found out that VLC can do the job. Gotta test that...

Vlt.
Support the Johnny Arena project !
ValVolt

Postby WhiteReaper » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:10 am

I actually found a program called cam twist. I haven't played around with it to much but it definitely works as Gabe from penny arcade uses it when he lets others see him draw the strips
WhiteReaper

Next

Return to Extension's Video Library