Why allow advertising of competitor online c/tcgs for free

TCG's

Why allow advertising of competitor online c/tcgs for free

Postby hexagram » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:26 am

I do not understand why alteil would let this happen on its forums especially for free.

Its like selling something in a shop but having a big sign next to it saying you can get a better similar product cheaper elsewhere and giving you directions how to get there. The shop owner should not be surprised if he quickly loses customers or only ends up with a few loyal customers. No other game I know does this and when they do they atleast do them as proper adverts so they get money out of it.

We already have a limited player base so cannot really afford to lose players like this.

Here is Logress response from 4 years ago in the first thread in this forum

[b]Why would we set aside a crypt for TCG discussion? Well, we like the ambiance. And besides, we hear Zugataroza thinks a certain electric rat is just the cutest thing…[b]

However since then a lot of online competitors have come up and are being advertised on this forum. like sword girls (13000 views) and carte (700 views 2 days old.) I would not even be surprised if gms /players of these games even make accounts to post in/ make advertising threads here.

I think when this arena was intially set up to talk about paper based card games which do not directly compete or since other online tcgs were much inferior back then. There are many other forums available online where people can talk about these things.

I suggest deleting these threads are atleast ending/blocking the threads so no more posts can be made / changed. Unless the aim is to encourage players to move onto other online tcgs.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Re: Why allow advertising of competitor online c/tcgs for fr

Postby CainHyde » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:32 am

If GM allowed bots to make ads everywhere, I don't see any reason for them to not allow us to talk about other card game. :o
Also IMO Alteil is a completely different game than YGO/MTG/Swordgirl, you can always play all of them if you want.
The gameplay is different.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Icyglare » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:52 pm

because of freedom, that's why.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby wakka9ca » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm

CainHyde wrote:Also IMO Alteil is a completely different game than YGO/MTG/Swordgirl, you can always play all of them if you want.The gameplay is different.

^This.
wakka9ca

Postby Callonia » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:22 pm

More like other competitors is afraid of competition. Alteil apparently isn't.
Callonia

Postby GOSCAR » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:43 pm

While I hate the balance of Alteil. I will say this.

This is one of the most in depth card games I ever seen. Actually I'll venture to say this card game has the greatest depth (my opinion; you don't agree, your problem). From things like Status Mechanics to Card skills and Soul Skills also add the fact you practically have you're whole deck to use instead a randomized hand. It's truly unique gameplay has so many twist and turns. And then throw art from a wide variety of artist to top things off. Altiel is a unique game that has yet to be matched.

So for them if you advertise a different card game, they don't have to worry for they have a game that is nothing like it. For it has a certain appeal to it that no other card game will have.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby winfrith279 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:00 am

Threads about other card games also attracts players to the forums. Then they read the forums and learn strategies and stuff in Alteil. Then they feel more like staying, which leads to higher player retention.
The original pic was too big. °ᴥ°
winfrith279

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:30 pm

That's the most interesting logic jump I've seen in a while.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby hexagram » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:07 pm

So alteil seems like it is not afraid of its competition - I am sure we are losing some players to those other games. Maybe they hope players will come back for alteils superior gameplay.

or just does not care - TCG games are a small/limited genre with limited players so it is indirectly supporting fellow card games (allies) so to speak against the major enemy - other online games particularly massive online player games like wow, lol ...

edit: Players we lose are probably mostly noobs/ new players who would give up/leave anyway- so maybe no/limited loss
Last edited by hexagram on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Icyglare » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:11 pm

hexagram wrote: I am sure we are losing some players to those other games...

And I'm sure they are not. We both have presented the same amount of evidence. (at least you bumped your own month old topic this time)
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Next

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt