Lady of Conflict Annarose

Alteil Art and Artists

Lady of Conflict Annarose

Postby Shirozaki » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:52 pm

As you guys know we have recently gotten our hands on two new, US exclusive (they're seasonal variants originally), Annarose EX cards.
Then I looked at them, and saw this.
Now, why does this picture bug me so much?
Is it the lack of visible cleavage Annarose is so famed for?
Is it the lack of hairstyle Annarose usually sports?
Is it the fact that I only have the seasonal variant and thus it is lacking the EX and Refess parts respectively?
Is it the fact that its flavour text created the theory in my head that Eskatia is a cosplay fetishist and that she forces everyone, including Annarose, into embarassing outfits she makes, which would explain her outlandish armor, and that her most trusted captain is wearing grade B Zettai Ryouiki?

No, it wasn't all that, and I couldn't wrap my head around it, no matter how hard I tried. And considering that when I try to wrap my head around things it usually borders on obsessive compulsive disorder, it took me two full weeks of sleepless nights to realize what was bugging me about the card.
It's the way she is sitting.
Look at her card, look at her seasonals, look at her grimoires. She's a terribly elegant person, the femme fatale personified. She would NOT, EVER sit like that. It's so absurdly out of character that I didn't immediately recognize it as Annarose, but as a completely different person.

I just had to get this out of my head, and I'm happy that I can sleep again at night.
Thank you.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Re: Lady of Conflict Annarose

Postby Refex » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:53 am

wow...

uh....

its a card... in a game....

not quite sure what to say.... how do you know annarose didnt have a tomboy phase before she grew into her boobs/****
Refex

Postby CainHyde » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:13 am

I am more bugged by the head.
Btw... somebody share the flavor text please. :p
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:00 am

Alright, mylady of Crest. I shall follow your lead, this time.

One of the Triad of Chaos, manipulating the Duchy of Crest and the Solar Kingdom alike to stir up the conflict. Her goal is to keep the two sides locked in battle, so neither will notice what is happening behind the scenes. The military attire she wear here was Eskatia's idea, not her own, for when she leads the forces on the battlefield.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Romdeau » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:32 pm

I agree that these 2 alternative versions of "Annarose" don't really seem to be Annarose to me at all. Maybe her step-sister or long lost relative.
Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:38 pm

I don't see anything wrong with Lady of Conflict annarose. Only complaint I have is that her outfit is hard to view in that pose. Need a neutral stance of her in that outfit so I can understand how that outfit works.
Callonia

Postby Johnjo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:54 am

her head seems to be floating in front of her body and also i cant make up what that white spot is under her head (head, white spot, black patch, left arm). i get the pose in which she is sitting but it doesnt look like that at all. its a very confusing picture.
Johnjo

Postby Khiruki » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:56 am

Cosplay monster Eskatia....

Really explains the difference in outfits for the Duchy of Crest compared to the Solar Kingdom... I mean, most of the Solar Kingdom is wearing pretty reasonable clothes, considering that the togas are religious uniforms of sorts. Compared to Metis's longcoat, Igina's... what the heck is that style called? Only normally dressed captains are Yug and Langbart. And Langbart is dead, while nobody remembers Yug.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Urizen_forum » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:08 pm

That's not how you sit when you smoke opium.
Urizen_forum

Postby Spears » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:48 am

why is that one single sphere
Spears

Next

Return to LeBeau's Studio