Grimbane powercreep?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Grimbane powercreep?

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:47 pm

I really dislike hirume mikasha file doesn't flow well and is kinda weak with abundant counters.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby CainHyde » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:41 am

Refex wrote:thats stupid though, you are essentially disabling a large fraction of the cards in alteil.

streategy is streategy, you dont ever want one card to completely render another obsolete.

Say that to return mechanics.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby ZeroMan89 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:42 pm

personally i never had trouble being grim baned because all my files normally are packing 1-4 grims tops and even then they are either a SP gen card and a debuff/dmg grim (depending on the file). ive actually had a harder time playing grimbane than playing against it. Return is a pain but dont even attempt to say its OP because as much as i hate it being used on me, i find it to be the most balanced card in the game.

P.S. i dont care if return hasnt been mentioned yet. trolling a troll is still a valid troll
ZeroMan89

Postby Jazzock » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:18 am

Return is a pain but dont even attempt to say its OP because as much as i hate it being used on me, i find it to be the most balanced card in the game.

:lol: I agree...to an extent...

anyway moving, on grimbane I find to be very effective, especially against those gowen players and all their BoF/Fire arrow spam (as if they havnt got enough relatively high damage + hp units on the field). Grimbane and countering grimbane has always been one of falkow's strong points (compare how many cards can bane grims/retrieve grims/are grimmune that are in falkow to other spheres)

anyway if you are playing a grim heavy file, you should probably have a grim (or unit) to counter an opponent's grimbaner (grimcount/midblue/big blue should pack thunderdrops, gowen has their dragonbreath/fireball breath, refess, lawtia I've never seen grimheavy and GMB is dead, and refess shouldn't be grimheavy anyway)

GonFreeces31 wrote:I really dislike hirume mikasha file doesn't flow well and is kinda weak with abundant counters.

agreed Gon I've tried it... just no... :(
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby skillll7 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:32 am

I haven't even tried it and I can tell that it's terrible.
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby Malarious » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:29 am

This is not rending a card obsolete, this is called countering.

If you pack a return to deal with problem LvL 3s that is countering. If you use talisman of disruption in case of undead, etc etc etc.

This could also be considered part of the "meta". How many grims are out and who uses them. One of my favorite cards is the Truth of Regis, based on the meta you expect different things from it.

Thats my quick notes, enjoy.
Malarious

Postby iambad » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:23 am

as long as grims are as powerful as they are(ala sweeping tidal, cyclone, BOF, deathmaker, ect) there needs to be an abundance of ways to deal with them. Sorry, you can say returns are balanced until you are blue in the face, it doesn't change the fact that something like EN needs go many grimbanes because a single grim can counter the entire deck.
iambad

Postby Icyglare » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:02 am

iambad wrote:as long as grims are as powerful as they are(ala sweeping tidal, cyclone, BOF, deathmaker, ect) there needs to be an abundance of ways to deal with them. Sorry, you can say returns are balanced until you are blue in the face, it doesn't change the fact that something like LV2 Rush cept pixies needs go many grimbanes because a single grim can counter the entire deck.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:03 am

There should be strong grims and strong units.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Refex » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:08 pm

im actually fine with EN grimbane methods, since its relatively balanced.

its just that when it gets to units that literally pay no price to grimbane at all, then i don't think its good design.

there's supposed to be tradeoffs, like with EN, you either have to spend 1 sp with sorcerer dude or deal less damage with dagon.

but then theres units like sulana who honestly does too much in 1 go for free. i also have a problem with grimbaning two grims at once, but this does have a cost, and the only reason the cost is negligible is because of antilla being a crazy sp gen unit.
Refex

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum