Grimbane powercreep?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Grimbane powercreep?

Postby Romdeau » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:22 pm

My opinion on grimoires in this game is that it should always be better to field some units and support them with grimoires-rather then spam to win with grimoires.

So grimoire dependent units-Mirelia or Mikasha for example-should have some support to prevent their grims from being baned (and they do, they're just not effective). That's why when I see stuff like Mystic talisman or sumerlana demolish a grim heavy file, I have 0 sympathy for the grimoire user. Grimoire oriented decks are gimmicky and should not be consistent based upon the idea that they are meant to be used as support for an existing friendly field-they aren't supposed to win the game for you flat out. I think we could improve or introduce more methods to protect against it, so certain files aren't totally invalidated (grim-dependent units, as I mentioned previously).

I approach Alteil's design and balance with these ideas in mind.
Romdeau

Postby hexagram » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:31 pm

definately worth including grims -some are uber powerful- bitter destiny and auora come to mind. Others like

Grimbaning is good- feels bad if you are the victim though- trick pack few grims 3-4 ish, pack no grims(maybe 1 e.g. 1 tidal), pack a lot so less likely to lose crucial ones first

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby skillll7 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:11 pm

hexagram wrote:definately worth including grims -some are uber powerful- bitter destiny and auora come to mind. Others like

Grimbaning is good- feels bad if you are the victim though- trick pack few grims 3-4 ish, pack no grims(maybe 1 e.g. 1 tidal), pack a lot so less likely to lose crucial ones first

Packing too many grims is inconsistent.
Inconsistency is not a crowd pleaser~~ :geek:
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby hexagram » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:49 pm

Just got to an 8 win streak with file with almost half file grims. Lost streak to en- bad matchup +made many mistakes. Grim bane is not acutally super common and generally has a cost 1sp - 1 grim is quite a lot especially early game

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:12 am

hexagram wrote:generally has a cost 1sp - 1 grim is quite a lot especially early game

Fellana > Talisman Mystic
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby smallfish » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:37 am

Right now, the best grim-bane unit should be Sumer & Fenalla. (Only unit that grimbane for free and have no side-effect, double grimbane 1 turn with 1 SP with addition effect, 30HP and AGI 4 and 20AT RNG 3 with should be able to kill something even no grim to bane.

Fenalla is super good if your file only has 1 tidalwave or no grim at all, or the file is designed for putting a lot of cards/grims into cem. which she will be the file enabler.
smallfish

Postby ErnnLaties » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:56 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:Bye bye mikasha

totally makes no sense why mikasha would self grimbane... considering her flavor text :p she should grimbane the rival`s grims!
ErnnLaties

Postby Shirozaki » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:21 am

She uses said grimoire to power her magic seal power.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Icyglare » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:36 am

What is her relation to Princess Bernet? Logress mentioned something about their skills being similarly named right? (I made the mistake thinking Mikasha was Wizard Kingdom too)
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby kirk22 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:45 am

Icyglare wrote:What is her relation to Princess Bernet? Logress mentioned something about their skills being similarly named right? (I made the mistake thinking Mikasha was Wizard Kingdom too)

They kinda look alike. Maybe there sisters?
ImageImage
kirk22

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum