Carte TCG

TCG's

Re: Carte TCG

Postby LuxLead » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:40 pm

I rock the house at this game!

I think the best thing I can say about this one is that there is less of a gap between the strength of different rarity tiers. The abilities actually follow a framework for how much they'll put on one card! So you get your basic starters still being able to complete with rare spam. (Whereas with alteil, good luck against Dilate with your Gowen starter).

Keep in mind they've only 'printed' a few hundred cards, in a game where your deck is comprised of -at least- 20 or so unique cards. And you're going to want far more variation than that.

They've also managed to greatly shoehorn out the role luck plays in the game. There's no % chance effects on the field, and you can opt to play shards to fast forward through your deck, or to use your play cards as mana sources instead. Flexible!

Once people start putting together real deck strategies we'll start to see more diverse play than green/yellow weenies.
The fight against trolls is a sacred duty, and has for too long been taken too lightly. Best to just ban everyone.
LuxLead

Postby winfrith279 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:27 am

quote="LuxLead"]There's no % chance effects on the field[/quote]
The Death tarot targets random. And cards like Devotee of [whatever union] have benefits depending on whether you or your opponent gets the first turn.
LuxLead wrote:Once people start putting together real deck strategies we'll start to see more diverse play than green/yellow weenies.

Green doesn't really need skill, but is still strong. The skill Blitz is so OP that almost every yellow/white deck uses it. It makes skills like Iron Wall or overawed completely redundant.
The original pic was too big. °ᴥ°
winfrith279

Postby NitroDino » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Carte begins again, but this time for real.

8. March time noon!
NitroDino

Postby LuxLead » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Heya cats and kittens, we got a super slick Crew going for Carte, headed by the wonderful and magnanimous BlackSunRx!

If you would like an invite, and I know you do, send me a PM through alteil boards!

Or /w LuxLead in-game when you're logged in to Carte and hopefully I'll get to you!

Woot Woot!
The fight against trolls is a sacred duty, and has for too long been taken too lightly. Best to just ban everyone.
LuxLead

Postby winfrith279 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:45 am

Apparently, I can beat some high lvl player with only an unmodded starter deck in Carte.
The original pic was too big. °ᴥ°
winfrith279

Postby imortal12233 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:58 pm

winfrith279 wrote:Apparently, I can beat some high lvl player with only an unmodded starter deck in Carte.

Not that different from alteil then (nowadays substituting pre-built with starter, as starters haven't been upgraded in a while).
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby Soma » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Looks fab, i must try it!
Soma

Postby Teru » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:35 am

Carte is really, really fun!

-It has about 80% of Alteil's depth, which is amazing for any online CCG, really.

-Carte's card illustrations are great! Though the style is different from Alteil's, everything looks very professional and consistent.

-The CPC currently isn't that good, but it's still lightyears better than Alteil's. For $30-50 you can make any deck that you want, which is still pretty expensive. They are working to fix this.

-The staff actually listens to the community's suggestions and actively engages in discussion on the forums (the lead GM does read every single post)

-The cards are balanced. There are a few problem cards, but these cards are not game-breaking, and whether or not they're actually imbalanced in the first place is also highly debated.

-Constant progress. New features are always being added at a steady pace. New PvE options, hero leveling, and TRADING (which will make Carte an online TCG) are all planned to be implemented in the near future; expansions are released monthly.

-Global integration. Every localization of Carte is completely up-to-date, and everyone from every region of the world actually plays on the same server. Though some people have raised some issues about this; the Korean client, for example, was released quite a few months ago, so most of the players in Korea have large collections and a huge EXP lead, making it very easy for them to top the rankings in comparison to a U.S. player. This is also the reason why CPC is the way it is currently; I've heard that Koreans are typically more comfortable either A. grinding maniacally or B. shelling out cash than is the average American.

Anyway, I encourage everyone who is looking for a new online card game to play that isn't as depthless as Sword Girls or as... visually unappealing as Shadow Era to try out Carte.
Teru

Postby Romdeau » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:14 am

This game just stank so badly of MTG rip I couldn't bring myself to play it. Enjoyable for others it seems though.
Romdeau

Postby Scientiafide » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:59 pm

It's more of a WoW tcg rip, which is sort of an MTG rip.

Scientiafide

PreviousNext

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt