Coraline

Television and Movies

Coraline

Postby Peaches » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:52 am

Has anyone else seen it yet? I am absolutely in love with this movie, finally saw it yesterday.

Everything was absolutely perfect. From the charming stop-motion animation and the level of detail it was done at to the beautiful soundtrack, it was stunning. Honestly, even if you're embarrassed to watch "kid's movies", you need to go see this. Do it. I was so desperate to see it I went with my mom. Point and laugh!

Anyways. Tell me what you guys think! Especially if you saw it in 3D, my crummy old theater didn't have it. :(
Little leaf, green leaf
Gather light to you.
Little root, deep root
Bind the earth to you.
Mind the trunk that holds you high!
Mind the branches long and proud!
So strong stands the forest.
Peaches

Re: Coraline

Postby Grain » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:07 pm

I'm in love with the Wikipedia summary. The movie is definitely going to be a classic.
Grain

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:50 am

I saw it with my wife and we both really enjoyed it. The best comparison I could make for it would be a new Alice in Wonderland, though it truly is its own creation and a classic all its own. We were lucky enough to find a theater that had it in 3d, but what made this movie great was that unlike some of the recently released 3d movies, this one didn't focus on using the 3d for cheap gimmicks but just allowed it to enrich an already great story and movie experience.

If I was a movie critic I'd give Coraline 4.5 stars out of 5, not the greatest movie I've ever seen, but it WAS a great movie. I think there's a very good chance my wife will be picking it up on dvd when it comes out.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Narcissist » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:51 pm

I didn't like Stardust, but this, this was great. In terms of the medium and the production itself, this is the movie adaptation Neil Gaiman deserved. Now, let's all cross our fingers and hope one day they start movie-izing Good Omens.

Yeah, that's not a real word. Pfft. Movie-izing.
Narcissist

Postby Harion » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:10 am

^^

yeah especially since "adapting" is already there to use
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Return to Advent's Dream Machine