Recommendations for Visual Novels

Video Games

Re: Recommendations for Visual Novels

Postby Shiroshirosan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:04 am

recently finished Eien no Aselia on Very hard and almost finished Sein Narukana's first play through. Glad i did not just be lazy and go with the translated version, cause i heard all the nudity was castrated from it. BTW for those who played Aselia, i can say Sein Narukana's translated version is something to look forward to, since the Yuuto and Aselia's daughter, Kaori, Kotori and Tokimi all made a return.

Might try Sein Narukana another story if i have time..... but i those 2 game definitely got replay value
Shiroshirosan

Postby Godric » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:05 am

Romdeau wrote:I'm gonna really throw my support here for the Muv-Luv series (specifically Alternative)-it has made my list of "Masterpiece" visual novels which makes it: Fate/Stay Night, G-senjou no Maou, and Muv-Luv alternative. InfernityFan's review is pretty spot on and I agree with it. If you read VN's at all, add MLA to your "will read list"-it's excellent.

Listen to this man! He tells the truth!
I just finished Muv-Luv Alternative today and I have to say it was incredible. I know I don't haven't seen many VN's myself, but so far Alternative is by far the best. My only problem is that there doesn't seem to be any CG or sound test mode :(
[shameless link] I can still claim I'm a free player cause I haven't spent any of my money on the game, but instead I used Prizerebel to get my EX packs. Gran Train = viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11761
Image[/shameless link]
Godric

Postby wakka9ca » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:27 am

MUV-LUV is getting anime adaptation!

WOOT!
wakka9ca

Postby Romdeau » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:12 pm

the ML anime adaption is based off a spin-off...I am not impressed. But, maybe I will be surprised.

In other news, I strongly recommend that anyone with any interest in visual novels to read Katawa Shoujo. It's free to own and brings some of the best writing, art, and themes I have ever read.

What makes Katawa Shoujo a masterpiece above all others is that it's message is applicable to this world. It explores a sensitive topic in a mature way while staying realistic and relatable. I give it 11/10 and probably my number 1 spot for best VN of all time because of that.
Romdeau

Postby wakka9ca » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Little Busters might get an adaptation too....
wakka9ca

Postby Ethikx » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:20 pm

wakka9ca wrote:Little Busters might get an adaptation too....

Funny, I had a dream that Rewrite was getting an adaptation. I better pick up the pace on LB then...

P.S. Revvie needs an OVA
Ethikx

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:38 am

After carefully reading through Katawa Shoujo I can only agree with Rom's sentiment, it is a highly sensible piece of work, and while not entirely professional in language, has a really nice (as in "real") feel and atmosphere to it. I strongly recommend this as well, and thank Rom for pointing it out to me.

On another note, I saw a few Mahou Tsukai no Yoru adds floating in Akihabara before I left, so another delay is unlikely.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby wakka9ca » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:09 am

Shirozaki wrote:On another note, I saw a few Mahou Tsukai no Yoru adds floating in Akihabara before I left, so another delay is unlikely.

Well, it's about time... I mean, Diablo III is coming out...

Now the question is when FF versus 13 will come out...
wakka9ca

Postby Ethikx » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:28 pm

wakka9ca wrote:
Now the question is when FF versus 13 will come out...

GUILD WARS 2!

Also, has anyone finished ChäoS;HEAd? Does it have good plot development/ characterization? I haven't been in the mood for the crazies to finish it.
Ethikx

Postby Kawashima » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:36 am

Also, has anyone finished ChäoS;HEAd? Does it have good plot development/ characterization? I haven't been in the mood for the crazies to finish it.[/quote]
Ive finished it and I thought it was good. There isnt much character development outside of the main character. Theres a hidden ending that unlocks after finishing the game that requires certain triggers and reveals a connection between two characters. This ending isnt the true ending an its kinda depressing. I prefered Steins;Gate over Chaos;Head,
Is anyone looking forward to the release to Robotics;Notes?
Kawashima

PreviousNext

Return to Catherina's Play Room