Modded Gowen Starter

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Modded Gowen Starter

Postby MissVal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:47 pm

My soul skills are (Dryad soldier,scylla,Earth dragon,Efreet,Giant ork)

Characters
Kurina 2

Units
Salamander 3
Mage pixy 1
samurai girl 3
highland born hunter 3
combat monk 3
mercenary 3
dual axe wielder 3

Grimore
fire arrow 1
panther soul 1
fairy dance 1
rain of arrows 1
Other gowen cards
Defau 2
panther soul 1
Fire tornado 1
magic soul dual wielder 1
revolver knight 1
Fire storm wyvren 1
Exploding spore 2
magic weapon 1
fairy dance 2
dan dan 1
lethal archer 1
dilate 2
diosaur 1
athira 2
reforestation 1
boulder drop 2
boomerang fighter 3
rain of arrows 1
forest rhino 1
heierrat horsemen 2
pixy healer 1
beltorat spearman 1
jerry 1
beltorat light cavalry 1

Opening
Kurina, salamander ,dual axe wielder
or kurina, mage pixy , salamander

I think i have a solid build but, any advice you guys can give me would be really helpful .
Last edited by MissVal on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Return is one of best cards in game and never had a nerf.
MissVal

Re: Modded Gowen Starter

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Honestly that looks really solid. Only thing I'd say is ditch the Alraune for something else. You're playing rank-ups and if you don't play Alraune early she prolly won't be too effective. Also if you could get a Ball of Flame in there or another Fire Arrow that would be great.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby fargone » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:32 pm

why is it some file advice threads are forced into this forum, while others are in Annarose?
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Romdeau » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:19 pm

This one has no standard, whereas for annarose I have a standard-if it's a modded starter or doesn't have subjective "in-depth"discussion, then it gets moved. This thread was created here so I don't know why you felt compelled to bring that question up now.
Romdeau

Postby MissVal » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:57 pm

Could any of you guys give me any advice to strengthen my chances vs emana mystere? .I know it is not a good match up but, i just hate feeling like i have no have chance of beating it. So any advice you could give me would be really helpful.
MissVal

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Next time you play it, save the replay. In most cases, people repeatedly make small mistakes and act like they were not important, when in reality they were massive. If we can look at what you did and what happened, we might be able to figure out something you could do next time to improve your chances.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby MissVal » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:09 pm

I do not have a premium account.so i can not save battles.
MissVal

Postby hexagram » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:17 am

good old days - still use gowen starter

I think 2 alarune is good - helps in the matchup against refuess - good counter to def and becomes super powerful in games where she is allowed to buff. May not even need t o revive. Otherwise only play it as an extra card - do not play her.

Consider adding a removal ss- like assasin.. etc- have 10 file slots - you can have multiple different versions of modded gowen starter if you have space.

8/9 lp is good. 9lp is better I think but you have to be prepared to let units die to activate soul skills - replay them. Easier as you lack characters so can replay on the same turn card gets sent to cemetery.

Depends on your play style too - saw orks with 6lp but really high streak. Saw pixies with 10/11 lp but transferred to bigs. But generally for lvl 3 rush 8/9lp is a good start. Good to experiment and see what works.

Miracle fruit to counter returns? 50/50 but maybe worth it?

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Anima13 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:50 pm

While Rasam seems nice for the first I would prefer any other kind of dmg ss instead. you need to think about you are gowen and the way you gain control over the game is your damage. While with rasam you can stopp some early threat, with damage SS you can force you enemy to spend sp on revives (and by this hindering the development of an sp advantage/ being less vulnerable to returns) which is the main reason why gowen files beat falkow into little pieces.
Maybe this helps you against emana too.
Anima13

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:02 pm

Yeah I kinda agree with Anima. Rasam is best when you need to slow the pace of the game down to get some specific unit combo out there... But if you are playing Gowen rush, you don't really have any combo and really just need more damage imo. Specifically, souls that do 40 damage to two units or 40 targeted damage and an effect like scylla are great souls for slot 2.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom