Falkow framework

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Falkow framework

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:41 pm

I thought I'd list the cards commonly used in falkow (level 3~4) files to get high RP, as it might help some people who don't know this yet. When making such a falkow file including these cards will usually make the file better and thus when facing falkow you should be ready to face them.

1x Catherina
1x owl sage
2x return
1x wrath of the sea lord
1x cyclone or 1xsweeping tidal wave ----------------Files that go to level 4 in sfere levels pick the cyclone over the tidal wave.
3x Princess of the Key / Emana or 3x Elite Fencer of Regus
1x faytis or 1xsweeping tidal wave ----------------If the file is strictly a level 3 file it will have the tidal wave and not faytis.
2x diondora or 3x Sorcerer Monk of Regus

Other than that files using level 4's also tend to have:
1x meaning of failure

Some files will carry more copies of the above cards, but the above cards tend to be a subset of the cards to find in the high RP falkow files. I might do the other sferes later (although no sfere has as many auto-include cards as falkow)
Last edited by WhiteDragon2 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Re: Falkow framework

Postby sunbunman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:13 pm

1x Catherina - lvl4 + files only or dion control

1x owl sage - x3 in some lvl 3 rushes, x2 in most lvl 4 files

2x return - standard

1x wrath of the sea lord - standard

1x cyclone or 1xsweeping tidal wave ----------------Files that go to level 4 in sfere levels pick the cyclone over the tidal wave. - 2x tidal, you can't handle lvl 2 rushes with just one tidal, some ppl prefer 3x tidal

3x Princess of the Key / Emana - not used outside of mermaids of dion control (in lvl3 rush range)

1x faytis or 1xsweeping tidal wave ----------------If the file is strictly a level 3 file it will have the tidal wave and not faytis.

3x diondora or 3x Sorcerer Monk of Regus - For lvl 3 dion is useless unless you're running dion control, just too sp intensive. Lvl 4 files can splash 2 copies of dion, 3 copes are just overkill since you'd use her once every 5-7 battles anyways

other cards you missed out on:

3x leet fencer - gives you a strong edge in mirror matches and makes sure your units always goes first. Against some files she's auto-win.

2-3x sylph/undine - solid sacs and agi manip can win games
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:20 pm

Thanks for the feedback sunbunman. I changed my initial post a little to reflect it.
sunbunman wrote:3x leet fencer - gives you a strong edge in mirror matches and makes sure your units always goes first. Against some files she's auto-win.

Why use leet fencer when you can use emena? Well, when you use volfied fencer is better, so I guess I should have added an or fencer clause to the Emena part to be general.
sunbunman wrote:2-3x sylph/undine - solid sacs and agi manip can win games

For a some files this is true, but I felt it's not general enough as enough files like sea serpent, dion control, grimcount and urgrant don't seem to use that many if any at all. So I left it out.
sunbunman wrote:1x owl sage - x3 in some lvl 3 rushes, x2 in most lvl 4 files
2x tidal, you can't handle lvl 2 rushes with just one tidal, some ppl prefer 3x tidal

I know a lot of files use more tidals and owls (especially level 3 rushes), however I'm not sure how general it is. I decided to just state one to be safe, as if you add 2 or 3 you at least add 1. Also I actually have at least two tidal waves for files without cyclone as an extra copy is listed somewhere further down. I edited a "2x" in just to notice this and edit it out again :)
sunbunman wrote:1x Catherina - lvl4 + files only or dion control

I doubt this is true, every single falkow file that opens turn 1 with falkow and isn't a level 2 rush can use this open effectively, it's just that good.
sunbunman wrote:Lvl 4 files can splash 2 copies of dion, 3 copes are just overkill since you'd use her once every 5-7 battles anyways

I changed this to 2. Just quickly put a 3 there without thinking it through enough :oops:
WhiteDragon2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:56 pm

For people who don't have cath, starting out with a level two unit like strike sorceress (single copy) is actually a really good idea!!!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:43 pm

For people who don't have cath, you'll auto lose to a correctly designed and played falkow file.
Icyman2

Postby Refex » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:15 pm

cath isnt THAT integral to falkow.

shes a great open, but some VERY strong files dont need her to succeed
Refex

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Some people use - ex wiz -owlan but seriously, just try playing a level 2 sac unit and then a normal unit nrxt. Cath ex wiz, or strike sorc (or single copy haste warrior) then level 2 actually works well!!!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Well you don't need to open cath to have a good falkow file. If you don't have her you can play falkow by using other opens like the emerald carbuncle, a free revive level 2 or owl sage, but if you have cath you can pretty safely use her and get about the same results. if not better, as with other openings.
WhiteDragon2

Postby angelspawns » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:25 pm

Lets analyze by the possible openings they create;
EmBuncle = 1->3->2 opening.
Catherina = 2->3->2 opening. Puts you +1SP ahead.
HasteSorc = 2->2->3 opening. Puts you +1SP ahead.

Falkow has the best options to immediatly create an early SP advantage. If you don't have Cath, that HasteSorc is wonderfull as Gon said.
I may chose her over other options since she can kill herself, ensuring that her banked SP will come back to you early. Unlike Cath you can make T1 Shadeproof.
angelspawns

Postby NitroDino » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:33 pm

angelspawns wrote:Lets analyze by the possible openings they create;
EmBuncle = 1->3->2 opening.
Catherina = 2->3->2 opening. Puts you +1SP ahead.
HasteSorc = 2->2->3 opening. Puts you +1SP ahead.

Falkow has the best options to immediatly create an early SP advantage. If you don't have Cath, that HasteSorc is wonderfull as Gon said.
I may chose her over other options since she can kill herself, ensuring that her banked SP will come back to you early. Unlike Cath you can make T1 Shadeproof.

And imagine if Falkow players start to use Strike Sorcerer of Regus (Falkow 2) -> Cath opens
NitroDino

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom