Duchy of Crest Art

Alteil Art and Artists

Duchy of Crest Art

Postby FabledMitsuhide » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:17 am

Hi guys! My username in Alteil is Mitsuhide, I joined a long time ago (I forgot when) and quit playing for a while now and now I'm back. I joined the turkey hand contest of 2009 and was made one of the winners. I was given a Dalos Avvie and I thought that was pretty sweet.

So I came back and I was drawn in again by the new changes the management has set up. I really liked the new pre-built files and the fact that newbies get a card every level until 30. I was amazed at the FM lottery and the EX lottery (amenities we didn't have back in 2009...) and was optimistic about the growth of alteil.

When I looked into the forums however, I was shocked at all the attacks towards alteil and was beginning to feel pessimistic as well. Most of what the others were saying were true, and it seems like alteil has a long way to go.

But I came here not to complain, there's too much of that going on already and my complaints will just be one among millions of unsatisfied complaints. Instead I'll go ahead and be one of the few people who will do something different.

First I'm going to thank alteil for all the innovations they have done so far. It took them many years and their progress is slow, but changes are changes regardless and any attempt to please the player base should be shown gratitude instead of impatience. So, I thank the alteil team for creating pre-builts and the new level up system for prizes. Hopefully, you are listening to the wishes of the threads and are still trying your best to create solutions to our growing list of problems.

Now, time for some arts :3

I've been practicing in gaia online and people said I've gotten really good. So every once in a while, I will post my "alternate art" versions of my favorite cards in here. Why? Honestly, I kinda hope alteil would use my art in some form of event or something... I would be honored if my art is used in alteil events (hopefully it's a free event... kinda want my art to be free for everyone). I'm also encouraging optimism with my fellow iczers. Hopefully my art can offer hope in alteil's desperate times.

feel free to criticize my art... I still have a lot of room for improvement.

I also want to know if you would be happy use my alternate art, any praise is greatly appreciated!

Alright enough talk time for the first alternate art!

I drew Crest Lady Paladin. I spent half a day sketching and colouring her. I hope you guys enjoy my attempt to portray her character!
FabledMitsuhide

Re: Duchy of Crest Art

Postby FabledMitsuhide » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:13 am

I drew Crest Devil Knight. What do you guys think?

Girls with big swords. It's more like a slab of iron lol

if you dont recognize her, gtfo
Last edited by FabledMitsuhide on Thu May 03, 2012 4:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
FabledMitsuhide

Postby Callonia » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:25 am

Not bad at all.

I like it already.

If it helps, its certainly better than my half assed drawings.
Callonia

Postby cosine » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:56 am

Nice going,
I sure as heck couldn't couldn't do as well.

Is the background for devil knight the oblivion sewers, it looks a lot like it xP
cosine

Postby Callonia » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:37 pm

cosine wrote:Is the background for devil knight the oblivion sewers, it looks a lot like it xP

Hey.. you're right I didn't notice it at first. It does look like oblivion sewers.
Callonia

Postby FabledMitsuhide » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Haha good eyes! Yeah it's the oblivion sewers. Thanks for the comments guys!
FabledMitsuhide

Postby Shirozaki » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Overall good art, but as a fellow painter I have to issue some criticism.

For both, you might want to work on thinner, or softer outlines, which makes the pictures appareance generally a bit cleaner.

On the Devil Knight I have to say the lightning appears to be all over the space, and his arm looks like it is coming straight out of his clavicle. I have to admit that it is a hard pose to picture, but generally the bizeps brachii does not cross the inner parts of the pectus/thorax directly.
A good display for this would be Katana Dual Wielder / Sakura.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby FabledMitsuhide » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Thanks for the tip! What kind of pen should I use for those neat lines? I'll Chang the background on devil knight once I finish my next art
FabledMitsuhide

Postby Callonia » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Draw Ridrea in bikini. It must be done.
Callonia

Postby FabledMitsuhide » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:52 am

I finished my version of crest greatsword soldier. Do you guys like dark skinned girls?
FabledMitsuhide

Next

Return to LeBeau's Studio