Duchy of Crest Art

Alteil Art and Artists

Re: Duchy of Crest Art

Postby Callonia » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:43 am

Yes mitsuhide.

And my first thought was crest greatsword soldier too lol.
Callonia

Postby FabledMitsuhide » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:12 pm

you really like ridrea dont you?

:P
FabledMitsuhide

Postby hexagram » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:46 pm

nice art

especially the 3rd one - looks neater and more professional. Alteil could even use it- not quite alteil/manga style though but still great

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby FabledMitsuhide » Tue May 01, 2012 12:51 am

thanks for the comments! Ill post the next one soon
FabledMitsuhide

Postby Shirozaki » Tue May 01, 2012 3:30 am

The third one looks a lot cleaner in terms of outlines. I have to admit, her buttocks looks much more natural than the common "balloon ****", as my art teacher used to call it.

FabledMitsuhide wrote:Thanks for the tip! What kind of pen should I use for those neat lines? I'll Chang the background on devil knight once I finish my next art

A common technique for people with cheaper tablets (I have to admit, I never used a Bamboo, but I own two Cintiqs which are of splendid quality, so Wacom does have their standards) is drawing a sketch, either on paper (and scan) or digitally and basically redoing the outlines with the so called "Pen tool". It guarantees straight outlines (less "edgy") and variable thickness, at the expense of some bonus work.

It's especially good for beginner, or people who have trouble drawing long and straight lines, or generally lazy people since drawing outlines takes a lot of practice (Not implying you are either). It's still a good tool for reworking things later, or when you are just straight out too tired to draw proper lines and curves.

To use some Alteil Fanart contest examples, drawing the outlines thinner can make them less prominent, and allow to fade more naturally into shadowing, much like the winner which got recently made into a japanese Alteil card
However, drawing thick outlines can also be beneficial if you make clever use of them through things like dynamics and movement, much like Angel B's favourite card.

It all boils down to how clean you can make them, which is a matter of experience so it should come naturally after a while.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Romdeau » Tue May 01, 2012 4:21 am

I appreciate the fan-art, it's been way too long since someone posted any around here.
Romdeau

Postby FabledMitsuhide » Tue May 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Shirozaki wrote:The third one looks a lot cleaner in terms of outlines. I have to admit, her buttocks looks much more natural than the common "balloon ****", as my art teacher used to call it.

FabledMitsuhide wrote:Thanks for the tip! What kind of pen should I use for those neat lines? I'll Chang the background on devil knight once I finish my next art

A common technique for people with cheaper tablets (I have to admit, I never used a Bamboo, but I own two Cintiqs which are of splendid quality, so Wacom does have their standards) is drawing a sketch, either on paper (and scan) or digitally and basically redoing the outlines with the so called "Pen tool". It guarantees straight outlines (less "edgy") and variable thickness, at the expense of some bonus work.

It's especially good for beginner, or people who have trouble drawing long and straight lines, or generally lazy people since drawing outlines takes a lot of practice (Not implying you are either). It's still a good tool for reworking things later, or when you are just straight out too tired to draw proper lines and curves.

To use some Alteil Fanart contest examples, drawing the outlines thinner can make them less prominent, and allow to fade more naturally into shadowing, much like the winner which got recently made into a japanese Alteil card
However, drawing thick outlines can also be beneficial if you make clever use of them through things like dynamics and movement, much like Angel B's favourite card.

It all boils down to how clean you can make them, which is a matter of experience so it should come naturally after a while.

Those are great examples. It makes me want to try harder on my own art. Hopefully I can create one that I could put into my portfolio. If Alteil accepts my art, It'll be a big plus for my resume. This just means I gotta work harder...
FabledMitsuhide

Postby FabledMitsuhide » Thu May 03, 2012 4:15 am

made a new one again. I didn't change her too much.
FabledMitsuhide

Postby Callonia » Thu May 03, 2012 2:37 pm

Oh hai there Eskatia.

Tho I dunno if pubes is allowed on alteil cards or not. But dis fanart so should be ok.
Callonia

Postby FabledMitsuhide » Thu May 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Pupes!? They're not pubes!!! It's shadowing! >:(
FabledMitsuhide

PreviousNext

Return to LeBeau's Studio