Experimental file help

The forum for video captured battles

Experimental file help

Postby Cambadillac » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:56 am

Been a while since i posted anything.
Here is a file iv'e been working on. It involves Shathia, Foveonsta, and beast statue. Also shrine of knight zero for snowball effect.
https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/aud ... f677d81c7f

Any feedback is appreciated.
Its my first time with the file and it is vs the single playing arena opponent so not difficult to beat.

Enjoy :)
Cambadillac

Re: Experimental file help

Postby sunbunman » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:51 am

Seems like a really gimmicky and easily broken file. At the very least pack a fate of esria to counter early returns.
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby LoneKnight » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:30 am

I thought it was pretty cool. Every combo involving low level units is easy to disrupt so that's nothing new. Also, you should probably try Rileira instead of foev if you have her (but you probably don't...)
LoneKnight

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:32 am

sunbunman wrote:Seems like a really gimmicky and easily broken file. At the very least pack a fate of esria to counter early returns.

"Stop having fun! Play competitively!"

I agree with LK that it looks pretty cool, though Rileria also lets the enemy hit past your (paper thin) defenses. You also lose most of the file's offensive capabilities (Shathia's AGI-tied start skill, Foveontsa (unless you meant to employ both), HK Lap buffs), while you merely gain one more engage (for a total of two) from the Statue, so I'm not sure it's worth it.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby shadowsketch » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:41 pm

From my experience, Foveontosa works best with units that don't rely on its range boost to deal damage, but can benefit from additional range. In other words, don't put RNG 1 units in row 2 expecting Fov to always work since it's easy to get caught with your pants down.

If you want to achieve a similar effect to Shathia, I recommend Silverion (https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=909) -- it takes a bit longer to get ridiculous damage, but it has a natural 2 RNG and grows each turn. Plus, Holy Ray with additional range is powerful. Shathia would be better as a front row unit.

In addition, I recommend adding in some tanky units. Beast Statue won't be able to engage all day.
shadowsketch

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Yeah when you have a file full of dependent units I wouldn't expect it to hold up well. Between start skills, open skills, grims, and souls, that file's gonna be disrupted quite easily.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Return to Extension's Video Library