Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: [PRIMER] Wizard Kingdom of Regus

Postby sunbunman » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Added more matchups and updated the WK principle section
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Khiruki » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:57 pm

I really think the term 'field control' fits what you are describing, rather than SP control. Also, I'm not quite sure if the graph is the best representation, as your own SP curve would look pretty similar...

Also notable is the fact that the traditional Rapier Fencer and Mage Knight are beefier with 50 HP. That's actually a pretty big thing in certain match-ups.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby sunbunman » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:10 pm

Khiruki wrote:I really think the term 'field control' fits what you are describing, rather than SP control. Also, I'm not quite sure if the graph is the best representation, as your own SP curve would look pretty similar...

Also notable is the fact that the traditional Rapier Fencer and Mage Knight are beefier with 50 HP. That's actually a pretty big thing in certain match-ups.

As I've already said on the post, the idea of wk is to use the remaining sp in a more effecient manner than the opponent. Everything in the wk playstyle revolves around using as little sp as possible in actual on field battles, but using that sp on off field tasks. The reason for removals isn't to drain sp, but to create a low sp environment. This is also the reason why you almost never see a high grade wk deck with a unit that has a 2 sp action skill.

Thnx for that, editted it to clear the misconception.

Traditional wk may have more sp, but it only has one main damage dealer as opposed to the modern variant that has both leet fencer and mgs. Also 50 hp may be tanky enough to survive most battles, but most files nowaday are able to dish out at least that much and more...but yes i can see that being of significance, will add it ^^
sunbunman

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Yeah if the opponent has sufficient SP gen and can just keep pushing out units, your returns and removals become rendered more or less useless and you just get over run. When I used to play like Mirelia control, I'd lose like 75% (maybe more tbh) of the times my opponent started out with a PoM SS first.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby sunbunman » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:14 am

- Completed -

Ask for more matchups if you want
sunbunman

Postby hexagram » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:19 am

nice guide

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Khiruki » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:21 am

You don't mention any lvl 3 Lawtia rushes like Dollies/Commander Dollies and whatnot. Just bringing them up because a good Lawtia player can actually do some serious damage to a Wizard Kingdom player's SP rhythm. They also arguably are just as SP efficient, with the addition of having shades. While Command Dolls might be manageable with Storm Wizardess and Volfied, the same tactic wouldn't go nearly as well against Vanilla dolls. Then there's the modded Natural Born Killers prebuilt, which has those nasty close skills.

Also, it might be nice for alternate strategies for people without Volfied.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby sunbunman » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Added dollies and tried to give my opinions on tactics without volfied on some of these matchups
sunbunman

Postby Shirozaki » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:30 pm

Faytis is listed under gowen cards, by the way. I don't necessarily see her as a gowen-include over tidal, but I wouldn't use her in WK either. ANd unlike Anttila she has no skills that compliment Gowen usage either, so it looks rather out of place.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby sunbunman » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Shirozaki wrote:Faytis is listed under gowen cards, by the way. I don't necessarily see her as a gowen-include over tidal, but I wouldn't use her in WK either. ANd unlike Anttila she has no skills that compliment Gowen usage either, so it looks rather out of place.

I've added Faytis under the gowen wk cause she fits in the the lvl 4 variant with dilate to gain a sudden advantage on the field. I've also tested in my gwk set 9 and maggies falk lvl gen allows for easy access to her.
sunbunman

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum