An Important Announcement Concerning Alteil

Official News and Announcements

An Important Announcement Concerning Alteil

Postby satonoko » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:04 am

Dear Alteil players,

Gamepot regrets to announce the closure of Alteil US.
All activities on the Alteil US server will be shut down, effective July 23, 2012 12AM EST time. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

We thank all players for your support thus far. Through the years, it was our players who made everything possible.
We would like to show our gratitude to everyone in Alteil in the remaining time.

Therefore, we will be releasing SET 11, a full 60-card set equal parts Refess, Lawtia, Gowen, Falkow and Multi-color, and everyone can use this set FOR FREE until the end of Alteil in six weeks. SET 11 giveaway will start Monday 11, June 6AM (EST).
SET 11 covers the final chapter of the Alteil 1 Story, with Verlaat's return and the assault of the last member of the Triad of Chaos, Annarose!

Please stay tuned and check the forums for more information on SET 11 and other Events that will be taking place in the next six weeks. More announcements are to come, so don’t forget about us just yet!

Here are some important notices related to closing Alteil.

PURCHASE POTCASH
On June 29th, 2012 12AM (EST), Gamepot will discontinue the Potcash billing system. You will no longer be able to buy Potcash. You can convert Potcash to Gran until the end of Alteil. 

POTCASH REFUND
Gamepot will NOT ACCEPT ANY REQUEST OF REFUND. Please be aware that there are no other English language Gamepot games that accept Potcash. If you have Potcash left in your account, please exchange it as soon as possible for Gran for use in Alteil.

NEW REGSITRATION
Gamepot will accept the new registration of GamepotUSA accounts until June 29th, 2012  (EST). In June 29th, 2012 12AM (EST), the registration page will be closed.

Finally, we would once again like to thank all the players who have stuck with us to the very end. It has been an adventure that has opened our eyes and introduced us to countless new friends. We hope for a bright future for everyone!

Best Regards,
Alteil team
satonoko

Re: An Important Announcement Concerning Alteil

Postby Dean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:26 am

sad day. Look like like Gamepot only skill is to close game.

Logress wrote:Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Mir2, GPUSA's last game other than Alteil, is closing down -- just in case anyone saw their annoncement and was worried about GPUSA's future. Don't worry, Alteil is here to stay, and arrangements have been made to insure it will be around for a long time (cue the Imperial Stormtroopers arriving to freeze Gon in carbonite) even if GPUSA shuts its doors.

So yeah, sorry to see you go, Mir2. We hardly knew ya.

fail?
Last edited by Dean on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dean

Postby Shadow1798 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:26 am

I doubt you people will read this but I want to properly communicate my dislike for you all up in Gamepot anyways.

Everything you ever did just made things worse. Your events were terrible, you had no interaction with the community, you made no attempt to gather new players, and you couldn't put together a new freaking starter in over a year. I'd say take these lessons with you on whatever you do next, but you can't, can you? :O Because you have no more games to run into the ground. There's probably a good reason for that; you guys aren't fit to manage a lemonade stand.

Enjoy unemployment.
Rapidly Flying Apprentice's Kill Count: 14 Izcers.
Shadow1798

Postby sunbunman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:29 am

RAWR!
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Shirozaki » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:30 am

Let the panic commence.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby ErnnLaties » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:39 am

seriously? well can you at least make an arrangement to let us transfer our accounts to alteil JP? that way we can have all our A1 cards so far on the Japanese server?

this is difficult because if alteil goes, everything we've spent on it kinda disappears since, we don't have physical copies of the cards. some sort of arrangement should be made to let us keep playing this game in some way
ErnnLaties

Postby CallMeWBC » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:40 am

It's about time. Oh well, at least it provided me with 4 years of online card game when MTGO/MTG in real life isn't an option.
CallMeWBC

Postby neviscus » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:52 am

So this is it? This is the end of Alteil US? I am not going to sugarcoat this statement. This sucks! Man, I really felt attached to this community, and even the GM's on the few accounts I got to speak with them. I will say in regards to the last paragraph, I very much enjoyed sticking around, even when most of the community was constantly negative. Best regards to everyone involved.
neviscus

Postby Callonia » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:58 am

Really? Are Gamepot sure they want to do this? Cuz i would stop spending on alteil jp 2 as well. Cuz no point.

Even when we worked off our butts to help vote for you in that voting contest few months ago and u guys got 1st place.

Oh my dear, I am too upset to even put my emotions into words.

I'm guessing this is why Satonoko hasn't replied to my PM yet the thingie with problems of saving replays on alteil 2. I don't want a set 11 giveaway if that means closure of alteil.

ugh

question: Wwhats the point of being excited about set 11 and events when I know its gonna be shut down anyways?
Callonia

Postby GillesdeRais » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:03 am

those thousand of dollars spent of those players are gone :(
money = *poof*
al
GillesdeRais

Next

Return to Castle Folrart