Mermaid Harpist

The forum for video captured battles

Re: Mermaid Harpist

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Logress.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:23 am

Well, by playing that card and using it's open skill, it costs you at least 1SP by sacrificing a card to the cem, and it also sets you behind in terms of soul skill pace. Like if you have to send one of your own units to the cem, well then you're not able to access your soul skills as quickly as your opponent is. That can be really bad.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby sunbunman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:38 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:Well, by playing that card and using it's open skill, it costs you at least 1SP by sacrificing a card to the cem, and it also sets you behind in terms of soul skill pace. Like if you have to send one of your own units to the cem, well then you're not able to access your soul skills as quickly as your opponent is. That can be really bad.

OR u have an immortal field of 3 merms
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby LoneKnight » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:54 am

A field that does not expand. You'll have a field of 3 merms 5 turns from now while your opponent could play 3 more units and get a fuckload of SP back from letting units die. You can't even play returns. Which BTW **** this setup somewhat hard. So does bitter destiny. And I honestly expect refess/gowen decks to just roll all over a field of 3 mermaids, especially with so much time to set up.

It's strong for sure (possibly a bit too economical, probably a -1 reff sphere cost would be justified) but it's not impossible to beat. It is most likely better used sprinkled after a fieldwipe when you do not want to waste SP on reviving 3-4 units or are ow on LP than having it looped.
LoneKnight

Postby Khiruki » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:05 am

The problem is, while no units dying off means no access to souls, the opponent will get access to his souls eventually if you want to win. Why? Because the win condition is LP = 0. That means that if none of your opponent's units are dying off, you need to break through whatever field your opponent managed to set up before the harpist loops and iczer. Princess of the key also instantly ups the difficulty of breaking any field significantly. She can pinpoint and prevent action from the heaviest damage dealer, as well as heal her mermaids.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby idol » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:27 am

The problem comes back to broken Emana keeps reviving
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby quickdragon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:22 pm

just use pretender to the sun, he sends closed units to hell with his awesome iczer atk and you can always use his other skill to get cards back from the grave. sins works and loads of other lawtia cards works fine vs this bs.
With falkow you just return his @ss when he loops. i dont see the big wOOp. he had a constant 2sp when he used the loop, so he wont be able to counter the returns and unit output you have
Keep the card as it is, ppl using this wont be much of a threat after a while when we get used to the new set.

*Edit*, just used this on a lvl 3 guy that did this to me:
want to really **** with the loop guys? put a harpist(i have 2 in my refess/lawtia deck) in your deck(for a just in case situation) when he uses loop just wait till you have 4 sp and use YOUR harpist. then: BANG, **** YOU, NOOB, PWND, OWND, GO CRY IN YOUR CORNER, MWHAHAHAAAAaaaaaa. NO LOOP 4 U NOOBY SCOOBY
4sp for so much fun (for falkow non mermaid users 2 sp), lets go kick some looper @ss!
Last edited by quickdragon on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quickdragon

Postby Callonia » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Heartbreak grim on emana?
Callonia

Postby phailures » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:21 pm

Bitter destiny would work very well.
phailures

Postby Romdeau » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:23 pm

You can easily spot the testers based on who's defending the card and blaming Logress.
Romdeau

PreviousNext

Return to Extension's Video Library