Limited play games

Video Games

Limited play games

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:31 pm

This is about all those flash browser games that only allow you to perform a limited amount of actions, till you reach 0 available actions, the limitation is then slowly removed.
Usually you see this as an ENERGY resource in those type of games.

You basically play the game and with every step loose 1 energy and then it's like "STOP HAVING FUN!".

I don't get what's the point of that and how come those type of games still survive. Threads on other forums ended with the conclusion that all those players are complete idiots, but let's be serious what's actually getting people so hooked up with limited fun?

Personally i play till i exhausted all energy and then move on to the next best thing and so on ...
What's worst with these flash games is that if you create a massive amount of accounts to justify your stay in that game, you either get blocked or banned. So how the hell are you supposed to enjoy such games if not at least through accounts that coop. Is really everyone who's enjoying those games either rich or just another alt?

Just imagine alteil allowing you to play only x amount of games, where x is your total energy that gets replenished slowly over the day. :roll:
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Re: Limited play games

Postby Callonia » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:09 am

I get bored of them too.

I'm guessing people who play them is at work.
Callonia

Postby Icyglare » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Must keep playing... but no energy, where's my credit card??
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby fargone » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Icyglare wrote:Must keep playing... but no energy, where's my credit card??

This.

I agree only a fool would pay for these games, as they generally have so little to offer, and companies like Bigfish make equivalent games that sell for around $10 each.

I am reasonably convinced those games are almost entirely designed to be played on facebook style websites - not all of them make it there. IMO those games are designed to reach as many players as possible in search of inexperienced pc users (like our parents) that might find the game through a non-gaming site and maybe spend money on them. Of course, many of those games also encourage connecting with other players ("friends") in order to further open the games (albeit limited) potential, and so further pushing their reach to new users.

Without websites like facebook, most would be automatic failures.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby rsvlito » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:52 am

I know a couple fools that dump thousands of dollars on these stupid games. Stupid Zynga model and it works...
I shouldn't have bit my fingernails, now it hurts to pick my nose :(

"Less QQ more pewpew"
"They See Me Rollin They Hatin"
"Haters Gonna Hate!"

Gowen = Fire
Fire = Intensity
Intensity = Power
Power = Win
rsvlito

Postby Callonia » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:02 am

rsvlito wrote:I know a couple fools that dump thousands of dollars on these stupid games. Stupid Zynga model and it works...

Well this will make you giddy then.

http://www.techinsurance.com/news/with- ... nable-911/
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:10 am

I am glad to see that news, callonia. I don't care if the players there are idiots or not, garbage games should be discouraged from existence.

There used to be very many groups and petitions on facebook against those scam-games. Facebook probably deleted them.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Return to Catherina's Play Room