Replay Contest Rundown

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: Replay Contest Rundown

Postby Godric » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:50 pm

justtmpuser wrote:A bunch of 'reviews'

Sounds like you're primarily looking at the files themselves rather than what's in the battles (which is really ironic when you yourself say that the contest is about the battles and not the files), saying individual files are 'disqualified' for using certain units or SS. And I don't see the point in 'reviewing' every single replay, especially when the majority of your reviews seem to be insulting the files and players that have posted calling them unoriginal and boring.
I'm wondering who's alt you are because you certianly seem to have a strong bunch of opinions for such a relatively new poster.

also in regards to what you said about my replay
justtmpuser wrote:
Godric
-Mage Soldiers
https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/aud ... 8667796c30

I'm typing reviews as I watch battles, so it might change in future, but this is without doubt one of THE most uninteresting games ever. Mage Soldiers? Check. All types of return? Tidal. Check. Return. Check. Wrath. Check. Same SS as 90% of players? Lets see. Distier. Check. Rasam. Check. Chamail + 2nd SK SS combo? Check. You win all right. First place for the most unoriginal deck. Go find a skyscraper. You know what to do.

That's getting a little unneccesarily offensive there. I know it's difficult to claim as everyone got the cards at the same time, but I was one of the first to really work with the new Mage Soldiers, and try to find something fun and consistent in Folrart. I tested a lot of ideas and I was the one who made the MS guide. Calling it unoriginal is a bit uncalled for when I didn't reference anyone elses file while I was making it except for the Chamail 2nd shrine SS combo, and as far as I've noticed, I'm the only one who's tried a more survival route with MS using Ascarat rather than an offensive rush file. I enjoy Mage soldiers cause the're an interesting file, and while they're powerful they're not top meta so I'm not sure what your complaint with them is.

You can have your opinion certainly, but that doesn't mean you can insist to everyone else your opinion is right and everyone who uses effective cards are scum for wanting to win. This contest isn't about avoiding commonly used cards, or it would've said so at the beginning. We get the idea you didn't like most of these replays, but there are better ways to express it than insults and telling people to kill themselves for playing a game.
[shameless link] I can still claim I'm a free player cause I haven't spent any of my money on the game, but instead I used Prizerebel to get my EX packs. Gran Train = viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11761
Image[/shameless link]
Godric

Postby Shirozaki » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:52 pm

I am happy to see public voting is going as it always does.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Logress » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:08 am

Remember you can always just PM your votes...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:10 pm

Godric wrote:Sounds like you're primarily looking at the files themselves rather than what's in the battles (which is really ironic when you yourself say that the contest is about the battles and not the files), saying individual files are 'disqualified' for using certain units or SS. And I don't see the point in 'reviewing' every single replay, especially when the majority of your reviews seem to be insulting the files and players that have posted calling them unoriginal and boring.

Don't forget he also looks at the players themselves. He bashes heartbroken for having a high level and he gives first place to a poster with really low RP even though that posters opponent played pretty bad in that replay (the opponent had all that sp and he plays a level 3 support unit followed by verlaat while he had Veteran Folrart Paladin and miffy. Even playing verlaat first would have made more sense than that as it'd prevent the sfere level reduction on the open skill). Also that early warming knife wasn't a good move either.

When judging replays I'd go with replays where both players played (reasonably) well, both files played are logically constructed (when things like rasam SS and returns are obvious includes, you don't get a bonus for not using them), and when watching it shouldn't be too obvious how the match will go (using files/matchups not seen that much in folrart is a plus for instance, originality scores points here). If people would like it, I can make a review as well, though I won't review my own replay for the simple reason of being biased.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:13 am

I have no clue what he is talking about in reference to my match. Obviously, he doesn't like direct dmg grims or rasam ss despite the fact is was UD deck at the time. Turn 11 I probably should have placed the 10 def on the general -it worked out though so i am not complaining. I don't recall the contest being about playing flawless- just crazy game or so. I like when UD defeats a "Mighty" file.

I had to kill Allind. Dilate was ranked up so he would have survived the hand of god by ranking down. then he would have slashed and defeated me. Furthermore, there are not too many players that have 3 allinds (anymore) so that gamble (if you want to call it that was fairly solid in my opinion). had to put 1 of them off the table and fortunately, for me he only had 2.

Not saying my replay is in top 3 but if you play buncles you might need hog since buncles don't have a max hp hitter. maybe 1 hog and 2x key of holy realm is better but in that case offense beat defense.

I give you credit for watching all the matches and giving input. You are way too negative rather than just looking for the most creative and best replay available. it is like you watched every match looking for something to find wrong with it in your own narrow set of blinders.

Keep that up-it should get you far in the real world.........

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Godric » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:46 pm

AngelicDeath wrote:I had to kill Allind. Dilate was ranked up so he would have survived the hand of god by ranking down. then he would have slashed and defeated me.

Actually if you'd HoG'd Dilate, he would've tried to heal himself to 10 hp, but that would've still been over his current max. He still would've died anyway.
[shameless link] I can still claim I'm a free player cause I haven't spent any of my money on the game, but instead I used Prizerebel to get my EX packs. Gran Train = viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11761
Image[/shameless link]
Godric

Postby quickdragon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:47 am

justtmpuser wrote:

For starters, account name is AlwaysLookUp, so any potential reward should go to that account. But that won't be necessairy, since you won't get any. People like you should be banned for bullying newcomers, since this kind of attitude is one of main reasons why new players quit even before they get to Folrart arena. Right now I can't decide who's bigger ****: you or HB. But he at least was **** in Folrart, while you try very hard to discourage players from playing in Crest. *ripps off medal from HB's chest* Congratulations, medal for being "**** of the month" goes now to you. Now quit this game and never come back.

what newcomer? did you see the guy i was vsing? he had an account with diva cards. You cant even get those cards anymore. Are you really that moronic to believe that anyone playing is new? If you ask me there haven't been any new player for the last 3months.
Btw i'll battle you anytime with my main popotju.

2ndly uhmmm duhhh ofc if i would win the price it would go to the account I entered with, why state the obvious. stupid idiot

PS: i got challenged by that guy. he wanted to battle that alt, so we had a bit of fun, thus the title: having fun with my noob account. the gm just changed it to mid refess -.-

dont go raging about stuff you dont know about. you definitely dont have fun with this game and start rampaging about little stuff no one cares about. you are the one destroying this game. i'll fkn stuff that medal up your @ss if you talk to me like that again, stupid retard.
quickdragon

Postby AngelicDeath » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:36 am

Hi Godric,

Thanks for the explanation. I was thinking he would rank downto 10 hp or whatever. Good informationto know so I canbetter kill him in the future. That was his 3 rd copy of dilate and so would have ensured victory ( since he didn't have aurora).

Thanks mate.
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby AngelicDeath » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:03 am

1) hakuchan
2) Ritsukuo
3) Johnjo

I still have a few replays to go but so far this would be my order. i might ammend it prior to the deadline if not then this stands

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Logress » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:58 pm

OK, this voting process is taking way too long. I got a decent number of PM's, though. I have most of Thursday free, so I'm going to count up the votes and choose the winners then. Make sure you get your votes in!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Previous

Return to Crest Courtyard