Free player guide?

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Free player guide?

Postby Haku-Chan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:22 pm

has any one ever created one giveing hints how free players can increase there chances?
Haku-Chan

Re: Free player guide?

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Ya i think i did one that was mainly aimed at free players ...
http://yaupwrc.alteil.com/forum/viewtop ... a9c#p36388
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:14 pm

lol self advertising.

Did you read logo's guide in GD yet? It's old, but still pretty relevant and informative.
Romdeau

Postby gadu » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:39 am

Why doesn't the "NUMBER 1 FREE PLAYER" step up and write a free player guide? Naturally it would be the "NUMBER 1 FREE GUIDE" ever created.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Helaine » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:14 pm

gadu wrote:Why doesn't the "NUMBER 1 FREE PLAYER" step up and write a free player guide? Naturally it would be the "NUMBER 1 FREE GUIDE" ever created.

Don't feed the troll.
Helaine

Postby justtmpuser » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:57 pm

gadu wrote:Why doesn't the "NUMBER 1 FREE PLAYER" step up and write a free player guide? Naturally it would be the "NUMBER 1 FREE GUIDE" ever created.

LOL, good one. I love free guides.
justtmpuser

Postby fargone » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:34 am

Good idea, while we are at it, why don't we get you to write a trolling guide in tagalog or filipino?
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby asxlen64 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:52 am

Actually i think he already made one, not quite sure, i havent searched for it so, *points to top right* ill let you
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby BlackSunRx » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:25 pm

I just noticed recently that this guy is either quite amazed at my accomplishments or wanna learn how to survive at folrart being a free player. Maybe he's one of my secret fans. He keeps on putting me in his posts (I really like it).

All I can say to you gadu is don't back out. Keep moving and believe in the heart of the cards. Someday you will be the # 1 free player too...

Since you came into my life. Everything has changed.

You gotta have GUTS.

-Free Player Forever-
BlackSunRx

Postby shynnb » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:32 am

since there's not many useful post in here other than the repost of the new player guide (note: a new player guide is different from a free player guide) i give it a go for the sake of TS's cute name

1) decide an inexpensive file
think of an inexpensive file you want to use as your grinding file. there're many choices, such as serpent file, undeads, wizard kingdom, certain gowen rushes, EN without eskatia, or even pixies etc (this choice for only when faction pack was around) My favorite when i used to make new alternates was serpents and undeads (w/o ex cursed) since they were easy to get a 70% win rate on folrart last time and they are mostly 2-stars and very little 3 stars.
(if it was the 500g pre-built times, it's even way easier to start off a free account)

2) create a few spare accounts
the purpose of creating a few extra accs instead of relying on one is that if you are **** out of luck in getting the cards you need to build an inexpensive grinding file, you should just ditch that account since the start-up freebies for a free player is very important.

3) select a starting sphere
gowen is an excellent choice, though i once saw some guy getting a 65 win streak in the crest arena by level 15, with a falkrow starter. And worry not, there's a free switcher around which you might need it for your grinding file later.

4) leaving crest, going to folrart and then reaching lv 30.
this the point where you have stopped receiving freebies. recycle all unwanted freebies, get a few packs. (or an expensive prebuilt if you have the gran) and pray that you manage to get a decent grinding file. if not, you may either ditch the account for a new one at this point or endure some losses in the folrart till you get what you need. Another way is to save the gran and wait (painfully) for events. (mostly faction packs and 500g prebuilds are all the rage on here.. maybe after august?)

-free player's SS
a new free player's choice of SS was very limited in the past, best bets were rasam, assasins, some direct-damage ss or +2 sp ones for first ss choice.But with the new sets that came out, ss choices are greatly increased e.g crest saboteur knight can replace gafc and folrart flame swordsman or crest igniter kind of ss isn't a bad choice either to consider as a substitute to distrier/asuet. free player's disadvantage when it comes to SS choices is minimised now that there's so many alternatives.

-level 40 and beyond
this is the phase where you start to get big cards. most free players think that as free players, we don't have the luxury of even considering playing high rarity files, which is not quite true. Never be afraid to play 2 copies (but don't tell anyone of course). as much as playing 2 copies is a handicap, it is also an advantage since we have that extra file slot to add in an extra counter to certain files. (e.g an extra return or fruit or bitter destiny, or any other you can think of may be so crucial at times) also, when it comes to level up card choice, don't be afraid to choose cards which you have 0 copies of. if you want to have 3 copies of something, you will need to start with the first copy. i like how they say.. "go big or go home", but in this case, "go big or go nowhere"

-Adapting to new changes through mad grinding
playing free is by no means easy. primary because you will be working hard for a single file, which in little time, would be reduced in power.(say if it is affected by a nerf or weak against new cards) and being a free player means having nothing else to rely on. hence it is important for a free player, once they get their grinding file, to grind as much as possible while that grinding file last, and quickly save up for the next effective file. kind of like developing a vaccine for a certain virus, but the vaccine is only effective for awhile since the virus keep mutating and newer vaccines are needed. ok now what kind of weird analogy have i just given... i definitely didn't saw you guys as virus .. but .. hm

idk what other info should be included, haku-chan, but if anything you think have been missed out then just ask. if i can't answer pple will
shynnb

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom