Countdown to Doomsday

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Countdown to Doomsday

Postby Logress » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Remember, this weekend will be when GP-sponsored Alteil Shuts down for good. As a note, your Game Pot accounts are owned by GP USA which is going kaput. Your Alteil accounts however, are part of the game itself. I know what you're thinking "but I just made a Game Pot account, and that lets me play Alteil" Actually, everyone has both, when you made a GP account it generated an Alteil account. Your Iczer name would be your login name for Alteil proper. Your GP account just logs you in and stores your Pot Cash. Everything else (like your cards and gran and battle record) is in your Alteil account. Those of you who have been playing for more than 1 year know what it means to just have an Alteil account. And I know what else you're thinking: "If Alteil isn't being hosted by anyone, what's the point of having an Alteil account?" Er, well, who knows? I can't see the future, but I do know this. If for some reason you ever need to access your Alteil account when it is no longer connected to a GP account, you might have to reset your password. I'm not sure exactly how it would work, but the process would definitely be easier for some users if you could answer a few basic security questions, like how many point cards you have, the name of the file in your #1 slot, amount of Gran, things like that. If any of the stuff loosely touched on in this post turns out to be important, I will elaborate, but for now you might just want to take a few notes... and tell your friends.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Countdown to Doomsday

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:33 pm

Some not so subtle hints there that the game is going to come back under some new ownership.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby skillll7 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:38 pm

We demand some *hinthint* and *winkwink* to emphasize this point, Gon.
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby BlackSunRx » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:39 pm

See you guys next revamp.

Since you came into my life. Everything has changed.

You gotta have GUTS.

-Free Player Forever-
BlackSunRx

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:20 pm

Cool I'll look forward to you driving away players and doing nothing to help the game survive, blacksun.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:20 am

Anything else I should write down logress?
Callonia

Postby worthing » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:52 am

social security numbers and mother's maiden name is required also right?
worthing

Postby asxlen64 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:38 am

So basically what you are saying is, after July 23rd, nothing till when it reopens again, our current accounts will be same as it is exact second of the shutdown, and if anything goes wrong you will post instructions on the site how to revive said account.

this should be fun
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:41 am

Logress, i think it would be great if the game could send the password to the email that is attached to the Alteil account.

If you can't send the old password, then have a script that generates a random new password for each account and then sends it out per email.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Khiruki » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:01 am

Ho. It's almost time...
ImageImage
Khiruki

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard