Countdown to Doomsday

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: Countdown to Doomsday

Postby Kittuns » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:06 am

Icyman2 wrote:Yes I'm sure you've accomplished much trolling.

Do you have anything remotely positive to contribute, or just endless whining over crap you won't take the time to beat?
Kittuns

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:16 am

Just because you can beat something with a counter file doesn't mean it's not op.
Infinite mermaid+mystere
If you play an aggro file, they revive. If you play a combo file, they return. And both combos are at the height of their opness.
How do you counter it? With more returns (vonderclone, the king of returns). Great so now I can only play mirror files and vonderclone?
I am seriously sick of having these discussions with you. You obviously have absolutely no sense of balance and need to get an mri scan
Icyman2

Postby gadu » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:21 am

DG, just put counters in your nerfed files so they can be OP again. Then you'll never lose a match and can get infinity RP!
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Kittuns » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:26 am

Icyman2 wrote:Just because you can beat something with a counter file doesn't mean it's not op.
Infinite mermaid+mystere
If you play an aggro file, they revive. If you play a combo file, they return. And both combos are at the height of their opness.
How do you counter it? With more returns (vonderclone, the king of returns). Great so now I can only play mirror files and vonderclone?
I am seriously sick of having these discussions with you. You obviously have absolutely no sense of balance and need to get an mri scan

A counter file vs. mermaids:
Lawtia: anything with bitter destiny
Gowen: screwed since their units suck now.
Refess: snowball up a wall and just overwhelm.
Falkow: pretty even depending on who out-returns who.

And once again, balance isn't about keeping scrubs happy. Balance is about knowing what the counters are and WINNING.

Being the best player=understanding balance.
Kittuns

Postby gadu » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:29 am

Who's the best player?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Kittuns » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:30 am

gadu wrote:Who's the best player?

Aces8. Not sure if Aces=HBKies. Worthing also. And generally, anyone who can use Dio control to its fullest.
Kittuns

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:43 am

Do you even play anymore? I play lawtia rush a lot and I can say sure as **** unless you pack fire dragon ss, death's embrace, bitter destiny, you don't stand a chance against emana. You can't bd if you can't kill a single unit.
How do you snowball up a wall when mystere is returning everything? Does that even make sense? Just ask yourself that.
You need to be able to return quite a lot of units in order to win against harpist spam. Guess what can do that? Vonderclone.

HBK played Aces' account in the tourney and he agrees with a shitton of nerfs, from harpist to emana to diondora.

I've blocked you b/c I don't need to get into pointless arguments and derailing threads. DOn't expect a response.
Icyman2

Postby Kittuns » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:47 am

Waah waah harpist etc...

Yeah harpist needs a nerf. Drop refess by 1 on open so you can't infinitely spam it. Other than that, mermaids are perfectly fine. Dio got her nerf already. Emana got her nerf already. Just because you don't want to deal with 2 Sp return mechanisms doesn't mean they're broken. Control being strong is an integral part of any good strategy game.
Kittuns

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:33 am

Kittuns wrote:If? The only person that can take set 11 away is Logress.

If he does, this game is dead before it ever takes off. No quicker way to lose what few players you have left than to say "oh hey, here's a gift for sticking with us through thick and thin, derp, never mind".

If he's really on a campaign to correct Alteil's wrongs (namely accessibility), the worst thing he can do is take away set 11.

This is why i said it's good to give the set for free!

Icyman2 wrote:I'm up for having all the prebuilts go down to 500 gran as a reopening... much more than keep some (or all) of set 11.

I wouldn't dare to do that if i were to reopen. Totally bad tactic. :shock: :shock:

Do you actually imagine that as an alteil add? RE-LAUNCH come buy a prebuilt for 5$!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offers aren't wrong after re-launch. But don't try to boast with offers after re-launch.
They should be the small sized text at the bottom of the announcement. You'd still get the same amount of people to buy into it, the old customers that are still ok with what happened and any new ones that are looking for offers will be pointed out in that direction.
Those that aren't motivated to buy into the game won't do so anyway, so better leave them forget things a bit for now. Personally i wouldn't rub offers into their faces, it's really the wrong moment to do so.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:09 am

Yeah... come buy a successful file for 5 bucks. I would jump at that playing alteil say before set 9.
I would totally make guides on how to play those files too if I had... them all.
Icyman2

PreviousNext

Return to Crest Courtyard