Countdown to Doomsday

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: Countdown to Doomsday

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:06 am

Well if I started a new free to play game, I'd much rather see myself getting free stuff like a free set 11, rather than having to buy stuff (even though the tutorial does give some free gran, you'd still have to choose one prebuild out of twelve, somehow knowing which one you'd prefer playing, while also knowing not to use the gran for other stuff instead). I also agree with Peralisc that cheap prebuild isn't a great way to advertise for the reopening.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:24 am

Or give everyone 200 gran. That and the 300 from tutorial pays for a prebuild. And I know that I would be tempted to spend that 300 immediately. And definitely give the advice to spend it on prebuilts not booster packs.
Icyman2

Postby gadu » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:23 am

The prebuilts are like starters since real starters are ineffective and the cost of real starters (1000 G) is ridiculous. New players should be allowed to choose one prebuilt for free to get them started. I'd also help write guides for any prebuilt if they went 500 G.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Kittuns » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:32 am

Icyman2 wrote:Or give everyone 200 gran. That and the 300 from tutorial pays for a prebuild. And I know that I would be tempted to spend that 300 immediately. And definitely give the advice to spend it on prebuilts not booster packs.

Yes, let's give everyone a crummy prebuilt but take away an ENTIRE SET full of some of the most useful cards this game has ever seen, because you don't want everyone 'running around with OP'.

If anything, we should make it much easier to get complete sets so that anyone who cries OP can go and build a file for himself or herself, get absolutely stomped because they have no idea what the heck they're doing with it, and then learn to put a lid on their demands for errata before actually playing both sides of a matchup.

I'm not sure what your occupation is, but I'm glad it's not being in charge of any game.
Kittuns

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Why insist on throwing crumbs to the community and take away set 11?

Really the people that aren't happy because everyone has access to set 11 should be ignored. Because they would also be unhappy if cards would be more accessible, which is the solution to this game's problem.

Also whats worse is that it's damn clear that once you give something you will have a really difficult time to take it away ...
Every time something was getting nerfed (for good reasons) there were always people firmly standing against it. There were players that clearly expressed their concern about the removal of set 11, simply not coming back if it was removed and the main reason for that are the past events.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now let's go further, deep into irrelevant detail, to point out the rates at which some here suggest to advertise at.

Take the prebuilt promotion to advertise. 5 $ for 30 cards.
There are 200 cards (first two sets) + 9 x 60 cards (the other 9 sets) + 2 x 4 x 10 cards (2 for each sphere for each EX set) = 820 cards total without counting the extra miku and few other EX cards and the unobtainable special set completion rares.

820 / 30 = 273 (here 30 is number of cards in a deck or a prebuilt) and 273 x 5 $ = 1365 $
1365 $ to get as many cards as there are in the game. Just to show the price for prebuilt might be good as an idea to buy a good deck, but not when you try to advertise or make a promotion.
Also take into account those decks are decent at most, i bet they won't be top meta. They won't include 5 stars, not even 4 stars, actually most will be 1 stars, some MIGHT BE 2 stars and few 3 stars! 1365$ is just the price you pay to get 819 cards at prebuilt rate! Wonderful?! Why not go ahead and add this fact along with the add/commercial?

It's not something the game can be proud of or brag about. The prebuilt will be weaker with next OP cards release and there will be no guarantee the next prebuilts will be worth buying even if the current one is.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:40 pm

They're quite powerful for starters. With a prebuilt and 100 pc, which isn't that hard to collect with events, I'm sure I can make a 80% winrate file with most of them.
It says quite clearly that it's free for 6 weeks. Whatever, I think you guys are being greedy. We'll see what loggerz does. I personally think he'll give us 4 sets of 3 stars and leave it at that or something. I would rather it be useful cards like 2 star augmented or etoile or something.
Peralisic you just showed how much content there is in this game. I'm pretty **** sure the prebuilts are fair price. The 5 random cards from booster for 3 bucks not so much.
Icyman2

Postby Kittuns » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:46 pm

80% winrate with the prebuilts? I want to see W 80 L 20 or better once the game restarts. Those things might get 60% at best.
Kittuns

Postby NitroDino » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Most prebuilts are really good, the Dark Rush prebuilt is basically a EN without Fierte and Eskatia. You need 3x Eskatia, 1x Fierte and maybe 2x Dagon and you will have a top meta file. Without them collecting the specific cards would take for free players more than a year and for paying players a lot of money.

I think in the new alteil it would be really good to release structure files/packs for example you get 30 Merc Nation(3 copies of every card rarity up to 3*/EX) cards for 500 gran, it doesn't have to prebuilt it only has to give you most cards that you need to play a certain tribe. You could pay 5$ and play what you want with a little modifications.
NitroDino

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:09 pm

I don't play 100 games with 1 file. If set 11 gets taken away, I'll get you 40-10 or better.
Icyman2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:58 pm

BUT YOU NEED THE BLOODY FIERTE TO GET HIGH WIN % !!

And that's not most prebuilts. Just one.

Also i probably would play pixies instead and id still want a fierte in there!

~~~~~~

But again that was unnecessary argument. Because you clearly see it's not dark rush or pixies people are moaning about on the forums!

If a prebuilt is supposed to be good and someone dares advertise with it the game for the sake of a better future, THEN IT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE CURRENT TOP META DECKS WITH ALL IT'S CARDS INCLUDED!
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

PreviousNext

Return to Crest Courtyard