Give > 1 EXP for losing

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Give > 1 EXP for losing

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:47 pm

You have to first play 10 turns or so.

Besides it takes 5 minutes to even get a game.
AqvasFire2

Postby fargone » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:00 pm

The trick is to find balance between rewards and earning, and making people feel appreciated.

If you keep giving everyone everything for free, what you have given becomes worthless and people will never appreciate it.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Savin877 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:19 pm

fargone wrote:The trick is to find balance between rewards and earning, and making people feel appreciated.

If you keep giving everyone everything for free, what you have given becomes worthless and people will never appreciate it.

We don't talk sense in these forums. Kindly take your babble elsewhere. :D

Personally I love the -1 gran penalty removal. That is a great start. The next thing I would like to see is some sort of......balance maker in how these decks, RP total, players, W/L ratio, etc are matched up. Not sure how the team is going to do it, but almost anything would be better than what we have right now.
Savin877

Postby gadu » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:45 pm

I'd only like to be paired with people who are way higher level than me so I can level up faster.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby MysteryMan » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:12 pm

We want to give rewards for people who play well but lose. This is on our pipeline but there is a bit to it.

We mainly want to make sure we don't make this easily exploitable (such as having people that bot skipping turns, give up once they enter a battle, etc)
MysteryMan

Postby MiKeMiTchi » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:59 am

MysteryMan wrote:We want to give rewards for people who play well but lose. This is on our pipeline but there is a bit to it.

We mainly want to make sure we don't make this easily exploitable (such as having people that bot skipping turns, give up once they enter a battle, etc)

Is there a way to code the EXP system such that the EXP gain is based on how many cards the user played on that match? A great setup would be 1 played card (non-SS) = 1 or 2 EXP. Another way is to set the EXP gain based on the LV of the played unit. For example, if you played Shade for that turn, you'll get 1 EXP (only if you lose).

This makes sure that the losing player "played well" because of non-skipped turns. Of course, however, there is the Iczer level and the Level difference problem if this^ is implemented.
MiKeMiTchi

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau