What is going on?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

What is going on?

Postby fargone » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Hey guys,

I have received an open invitation to return to Alteil via email. I have seen the cashier is up and running. I have seen some sales promotions. I have the distinct impression Alteil is fully open again.

The shop is unchanged.

I can not and will not recommend this game to anyone while that is operating in the same fashion that has in the past. I can not and will not invest another dime until that is fixed.

What are you doing? Advertising the game as open without fixing the fundamentals is only going to get people to come back - see nothing changed - then leave never to return, all the while **** and complaining to everyone who ever mentions it to them. New people will come and meet older players who will scare them off with statistics like $280-420 for a set. You have not addressed the shop at all. You are basically stealing from anyone who invests money at this juncture, you know this, and yet you have taken this step.

After all of the forward planning you put into the re-open was this your intention?

Seriously, what the **** ARE YOU DOING?
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Re: What is going on?

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Feels exactly like in the old days when you were promised something, saw less and then the silence reigned.

Maybe one day, one of them will open a newspaper or an article or watch some kind of documentary that finally switches on a light bulb above their head and then the revelation slams in:
IT'S JUST LIKE SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST!

Seriously in this highly competitive market you can only wonder WHAT THE HELL is going on in alteil! :shock:
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Ropey » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:20 pm

First thread I made after Ateil opened again was on the shop. While they have been keen to handle bugs, and outline future plans. All that's really been said about the shop is that your payment is now treated as a donation until Ateil gets a proper next gen launch. So is it a case of wait and see? No, I'm not a child I would like some clarification as to how the shop will change. For me it's not so much the cost as the way in which I have very little chance of getting the cards I want, and where the hell is the next Ex set?
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby angelspawns » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:49 am

Giving away whole Set 11 for free is the most generous thing Alteil has ever done, or any game for that matter. Therefor it feels kinda wrong to throw a fit over the cost of things right now. But it's true that many of us feel discouraged no other signs of real change in the CpC is given for the future. Seeing the Shop with the long going money grabbing schemes (aka. Packs 'n Boxes) is a real disapointment.

The CpC in this game is the players #1 worry. Balance and New Player Experience come in like 2nd & 3rd.
angelspawns

Postby Ropey » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:54 am

I started to feel ungrateful when I first began to **** off the shop. As you say we were given a great gift in set 11, but then I thought, well we could have lost all of our cards if the game had gone down the pan! What good would set 11 have been then? It was kind of a farewell gift in some respects. They had no idea that they would pull off a deal, and can anyone say with any certainty that Ateil will not fold again? I as have many other have sunk a hell of a lot of money in this company. I don't care if it's called a donation or what. I what a fair deal for myself and others. Above all I just want to see bums on seats, and atm that will not happen with the current shop.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Typical fargone thread :roll:
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby kirk22 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:14 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Typical fargone thread :roll:

Typical Gon response. Belittling someones opinion without actually contributing anything at all to the topic. Good to see the False Hero is still around.

On topic, I think Far is right. Whats have they done? A free set? Can't count that, it was only done because the majority of returning players already got set 11 for free. Gold packs? Most vet players will tell you not to waste your gran on them. They don't appeal to new players, the price is to high for them and the risk to great.

I'm well aware that we just got the game back and I don't expect everything to change overnight. There's a lot of work to be done still, I know that and am willing to wait and see what they'll do. But they have to show us something new now, even if its something small. Show us the change so we can keep the faith.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby Ropey » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:28 pm

To be fair Freece did make his feelings know on my alternative **** the shop off thread.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby LoneKnight » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:43 pm

A free set? Can't count that, it was only done because the majority of returning players already got set 11 for free

This reasoning is dubious at best.

Still, I somewhat agree. But the game is still supposedly in the "pre-release" state. We shall see what happens upon actual release.
LoneKnight

Postby kirk22 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:49 pm

Ropey wrote:To be fair Freece did make his feelings know on my alternative **** the shop off thread.

My point was that his only motivation to comment in this thread was to make a jab a Fargone.

I did forget to mention the positive step taken with the removal of the -1 gran penalty. Its a great move. Doesn't change the fact that shop is still unchanged, but still a very good sign.

@Loneknight: I did say I was aware of the work thats being done and am willing to stick around and see whats coming.
ImageImage
kirk22

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion