What is going on?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: What is going on?

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:56 pm

This isn't a thread where anything productive will happen and I don't think it's a thread Logress will even look at. I don't see pragmatic goals or acknowledgments of constraints, but just people venting frustration.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9323
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: What is going on?

Postby fargone » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:59 pm

This thread isn't so much about the shop not being ready yet, I apologise for not being clearer. This thread is about declaring the game open and inviting people in before it's ready.

I guess if we knew what outcome we can expect from the shop, then I would be more comfortable introducing new people to the game. I feel it is suicidal to attempt to enlarge the player base without first addressing the shop and making any changes transparent with the players so they can brag to the new people about it (encourage them to stay, play and pay).



PS: Thanks Kirk, but Gon is like mosquito constantly buzzing around the forums waiting for his next opportunity to suck. You are in a much higher place than he is mate, don't let him bring you down.

GonFreeces31 wrote:This isn't a thread where anything productive will happen and I don't think it's a thread Logress will even look at. I don't see pragmatic goals or acknowledgments of constraints, but just people venting frustration.


Nobody cares what you think Gon.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.


What, I make legit points too...
User avatar
fargone
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: What is going on?

Postby kirk22 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:03 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:This isn't a thread where anything productive will happen and I don't think it's a thread Logress will even look at. I don't see pragmatic goals or acknowledgments of constraints, but just people venting frustration.


Then why did you even bother to comment in the first place? You could have simply ignored the thread, but instead you chose to make a comment that only served to mock the maker of the thread. Why?
ImageImage
User avatar
kirk22
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:40 am

Re: What is going on?

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm just saying there are constructive ways to express concerns and there are maladaptive ways to express concerns.

If your complaint is with the starters of the shop, you can just say, "I am concerned about the fact that new starters are not updated. What is being done?" or "I am concerned that CPC still is poor. What is being done?"

You don't need to use profanity or capital words or other personal attacks. Just cleanly state what you are worried about and ask what is being done and if you post that way maybe you will get a response from GMs. These types of threads won't accomplish anything and they probably won't attract GM commentary when there is such open hostility.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9323
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: What is going on?

Postby kirk22 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:14 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I'm just saying there are constructive ways to express concerns and there are maladaptive ways to express concerns.

If your complaint is with the starters of the shop, you can just say, "I am concerned about the fact that new starters are not updated. What is being done?" or "I am concerned that CPC still is poor. What is being done?"

You don't need to use profanity or capital words or other personal attacks. Just cleanly state what you are worried about and ask what is being done and if you post that way maybe you will get a response from GMs. These types of threads won't accomplish anything and they probably won't attract GM commentary when there is such open hostility.


You still haven't answered my question. If you disagree with the way the thread is worded or how the topic is portrayed, why comment at all?
ImageImage
User avatar
kirk22
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:40 am

Re: What is going on?

Postby fargone » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:18 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I'm just saying there are constructive ways to express concerns and there are maladaptive ways to express concerns.

If your complaint is with the starters of the shop, you can just say, "I am concerned about the fact that new starters are not updated. What is being done?" or "I am concerned that CPC still is poor. What is being done?"

You don't need to use profanity or capital words or other personal attacks. Just cleanly state what you are worried about and ask what is being done and if you post that way maybe you will get a response from GMs. These types of threads won't accomplish anything and they probably won't attract GM commentary when there is such open hostility.


I get more responses from Logress than any other person on this forum. Your point is invalid.

I can see your attempt at focusing hostility onto yourself (your cross must have been getting cold) but honestly, you are not worth the time. Please accept that we don't care what you think and go away.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.


What, I make legit points too...
User avatar
fargone
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: What is going on?

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Because I think Dave has a legit complaint that should be answered by a GM but I think the way he expresses his concerns is not a very great way to elicit a response.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9323
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: What is going on?

Postby fargone » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:22 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Because I think Dave has a legit complaint that should be answered by a GM but I think the way he expresses his concerns is not a very great way to elicit a response.


GonFreeces31 wrote:Typical fargone thread :roll:


GonFreeces31 wrote:This isn't a thread where anything productive will happen and I don't think it's a thread Logress will even look at. I don't see pragmatic goals or acknowledgments of constraints, but just people venting frustration.


OK... so we both know how to communicate better, but we both choose not to at times. Fact remains I get more responses from Logress in forums than any other poster.

Point taken on my side... how about yours?
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.


What, I make legit points too...
User avatar
fargone
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: What is going on?

Postby kirk22 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:23 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Because I think Dave has a legit complaint that should be answered by a GM but I think the way he expresses his concerns is not a very great way to elicit a response.


Thank you. You gave me a straight answer that expresses you point of view without mocking Fargone. Could have just said that in the first place.
ImageImage
User avatar
kirk22
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:40 am

Re: What is going on?

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:54 pm

fargone wrote: Fact remains I get more responses from Logress in forums than any other poster.

Point taken on my side... how about yours?

I don't think your first point is actually true. You can't just say something like that and assume it's a god given fact. Secondly, I still think the way you choose to express your opinions isn't ideal. I mean if you think it's productive to use profanity and all caps and stuff that's on you.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9323
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests