What is going on?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: What is going on?

Postby Ropey » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:00 pm

And any who. Two other recent threads exist apart from this one on virtually the same subject. Mine titled "What would you buy?" has a much nicer tone, and all the big names have made contributions to it. I find it hard to believe that the powers that be would not view my thread and take heed.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby fargone » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:22 pm

Ropey wrote:And any who. Two other recent threads exist apart from this one on virtually the same subject. Mine titled "What would you buy?" has a much nicer tone, and all the big names have made contributions to it. I find it hard to believe that the powers that be would not view my thread and take heed.

Lol, you suffer with comprehension failure. I can recommend some courses that can help with that.

This thread is about the advertisement I received via email regarding Alteil being open for business when it is clearly not ready to do so because the shop has not yet been addressed. It is not designed to undermine your thread and is written in this tone for a reason.

Your thread does NOT address this issue at all. I have not seen a thread addressing this issue or I would have posted in it. So I guess your post in this thread is completely unwarranted.

On a side note:

I also believe the powers to be would have read your thread Ropey. Not sure how that relates back to me, but I am happy to acknowledge that wholeheartedly. As for big names in the forums, I think we're all about the same size. With the exception of logress and mysteryman there are no big names.

This thread is so completely derailed, I am grateful my original post has had such an impact, otherwise, it would have been a waste of time.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Ropey » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:16 pm

Sorry, just thought I would step in and lighten things up a bit. We all want basicly the same thing , and the fact that these threads exist means players are unhappy with the whole shop deal. Much has been said and Freece is right in his call for calm and focus so that maybe we will all be heard.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby angelspawns » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:16 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote: Fact remains I get more responses from Logress in forums than any other poster.

Point taken on my side... how about yours?

I don't think your first point is actually true. You can't just say something like that and assume it's a god given fact. Secondly, I still think the way you choose to express your opinions isn't ideal. I mean if you think it's productive to use profanity and all caps and stuff that's on you.

Although i agree the tone Fargone picked could've been nicer, it's about the message. I much rather look further into the merrit of an argument then bicker over the form that's used. And Fargone has a point.
angelspawns

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Yeah I agree. I wouldn't ever recommend buying sets and I haven't for a long time.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Logress » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:53 pm

As has been mentioned, I made a number of pre-preemptive posts, but I've decided to take on the game problem holistically. Basically, its impossible to look at the Shop as an isolated problem. The aggressive focus of the game, the fact there are few way too few ways to get enough cards to build a viable file without paying, the lack of options to play with non-top meta files, the lack of motivation to spend for any reason other than to build meta files you've seen win, etc.

Throughout my time here I spent a lot of time experimenting, sometimes increasing the CPC of one or two items, sometimes making things at a price so good, I would be sure the value was not even remotely in questions (like the 500 gran pre-built). Looking over the numbers, I found revenue drop as prices drop (not surprising) but it seems the amount was proportional (so there was no 'sweet spot' where lower prices were not as causing as big of an effect) AND also the number of people spending dropped (which is odd, but makes sense if you think of the ecosystem causing someone to spend, NOT the prices themselves). BTW, I haven't actually stopped experimenting, my latest is a 250 Gran gold pack, gurenteed 3 star, but it can go up to 5. It's the best rates we've had for set targeted packs.

Anyway, Mystry Man can talk about the building stuff end, but the idea is a reborn game that addresses all the issues in the top paragraph. And if you don't think we deserve your financial support yet, then wait. I understand 100%.

Oh, and I'm serious about the treating all incoming money as donations. It's almost the end of the month, and I will be making a statement on or financials and what the breakdown of our spending is goning to be. As I said, monies will be going to maintaining the game, and new development, NOT our pockets!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby fargone » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Thanks for the reply logress.

If you are able to quantify some changes (I'm happy with PM if that suits you best) I would be willing to make some donations. I believe you already know I take confidential information seriously.

I am glad you are undertaking the issue holistically - I don't see it working any other way.

I'm not sure why you sent an email saying Alteil was open though. It makes it sound like you're ready, and my alarm bells went off.

Also: see safiria's for another (probably already considered) option for the game that might alleviate some existing/returning player issues as well as provide a stronger purchasing market. Now is the time for these considerations, so I am getting in quick.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Ropey » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:16 pm

Proof that Logress only answers to Fargone? Or was it my diplomatic approach that made all the difference? We may never know, but I for one am thankful that the subject is being given such consideration.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:50 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Typical fargone thread :roll:

Yes. It's a good thread.

Ropey wrote:Proof that Logress only answers to Fargone?

Logress seems to answers when he thinks it's worth it.
Last edited by Peralisc9001 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AngelicDeath » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Ropey,

No, i received a response from Logress a few days back but not nearly as detailed. It was within 24 hours so kudos to Logress. I will be pleased to read the end of month financial report. Really though, if you want us to continue to financially support the game then we have to know what is going on. I cannot justify spending even 50 usd for a full set 12 if the whole thing goes under again.

While i appreciate the set 11 free thing-wtf do you expect? I mean it was free before the game closed. Do you actually think they would sell it right whenthey reopen? Furthermore, think long term. Financially it makes sense to make it a "real" set. 2 years down the road a new player comes in and says to themselves- " wow, i would really like (x) card out of set 11 i'll try a few gold packs of that set etc. has anyone here even run or been partners in a business before?!!

I stand behind the intial post. I am happy it elicited a response regardless of it's tone. I'll say this now- gold packs even at 250 gran and with x% increase in rarity rate are still not a good buy option. Sorry logress i don't agree.

Really what needs to be accomplished is some set amount of money per user (on average) alteil wants/needs to make). There are probably tiers of spenders. The key is managing each tier to maximize profits - in business terms. if you **** the lower end- the free players they depart and the spenders have only a handful of other spenders to play against. This would be one end of the spectrum. Give everything away for free and ypu get a ton of players and the game loses money and closes- that would be the other end o f said spectrum.
Certainly there is a model to accomplish the goal unless the cost to provide the game is so prohibitive. I cannot see why though. It is ridiculous that a random 5 star is expected to fetch 1500 gran. I meanseriously that sums everything up right there.

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion