Nerf Jewel of the Deep Sea

User suggestions to improve the game

Nerf Jewel of the Deep Sea

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:20 pm

It destroys most files out there and puts ppl too back in the sp and field curve. There are no ways to make it backfire unless opponent is using mediator 1st ss. I will only be doing 5/7 events and will not spend (not that I've put money into this game for the last couple of months) until he is reworked. You all will see why when people start spamming it.

Edit: I will start spamming it. It seems like it's more fun for me.
Icyman2

Re: Nerf Jewel of the Deep Sea

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:02 pm

What specifically is overpowered about it?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:13 pm

Let's try some opens:
Kurina Tiger/Salamander
Opponent plays jewel, tidal, faytis. First ss gives him 2 sp and drains you 1 (if you played salamander)
End result: you have 2 sp and a level 2 out (probably kurina or tiger) and opponent has faytis out and 4 loose sp.

Ex Wiz/Owl Sage
Opponent plays jewel, tidal, faytis. First ss gives him 2 sp and drains you 1
End result: you have 2 sp and a level 2 out that always dies to faytis and opponent has faytis out and 4 loose sp.

Refugee citizens/Unwanted charity
Opponent plays jewel, tidal, faytis. First ss gives him 2 sp and drains you 1
End result: if you lost the tidal charity roll, you have 2 sp and nothing out and opponent has faytis out and 4 loose sp, enough to overwhelm any unit you place on the field.

KP/Refugee citizens. KP/Recovery Powder:
Same thing

Cath/Level 3
Possibly the best open vs it
Same thing but opponent does not play faytis and you don't get drained. It is still good for the one playing jewel.

Cath/Backlash tidal
You get drained 1 sp due to mediator. Opponent plays faytis next turn and cath gets returned. You have a level 3 on the field and 2 spare sp compared to opponent level 4 and 4 spare sp.

Shade/Shade/level 3
Oh look the only counter to that open if and only if your opponent used mediator and you have to guess and win a roll. If your opponent used sp+2, that's too bad for you.
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:16 pm

You're complaining about a lot of things here Icy. All Jewel does is allow you to activate your first soul skill 1 turn sooner than you would otherwise be able to. Now that is pretty significant, but I think if you want to argue why Jewel is OP you need to base it around the idea why SS activation 1 turn sooner is so strong and what it allows you to do.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:35 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:You're complaining about a lot of things here Icy. All Jewel does is allow you to activate your first soul skill 1 turn sooner than you would otherwise be able to. Now that is pretty significant, but I think if you want to argue why Jewel is OP you need to base it around the idea why SS activation 1 turn sooner is so strong and what it allows you to do.

It allows you to play faytis t3 and drain 1 sp t2. Cool
Icyman2

Postby LoneKnight » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:53 pm

Supposing your opponent plays lvl2s.

Cause if he doesn't this means nothing. At all.

No seriously, what does this open do against undead? What SS gives 2SP and drains 1? Am I missing something here?
LoneKnight

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:11 pm

LoneKnight wrote:Supposing your opponent plays lvl2s.

Cause if he doesn't this means nothing. At all.

No seriously, what does this open do against undead? What SS gives 2SP and drains 1? Am I missing something here?

Mediator.
Great, this is like ruuca again. Oh look you have undeads that counter it. It must be fine then.
I'm talking about non-lawtia rush files here. That's a significant chunk of folrart.
Icyman2

Postby LoneKnight » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:24 pm

As far as I can tell, any file going 1-3 open counters it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
LoneKnight

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:25 pm

Icyman2 wrote:It allows you to play faytis t3 and drain 1 sp t2. Cool

So it allows you to play a level 4 unit one turn earlier. This is what makes it OP? Jewel does not actually drain SP.

I think it's a pretty good card, I'm just trying to get you to be very specific about why this card is OP cause partly you are bringing up tidal and faytis.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:28 pm

Sounds like there would be waaah threads crying to nerf inspiration grimiore if it didn't give opponent 1 sp and user loses 1 sp next turn.
Callonia

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau