Can we discuss Lawt/Gowen?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Can we discuss Lawt/Gowen?

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:33 am

I've been thinking about this multisphere type and it just seems like it isn't worth it to play. That is, it doesn't seem to have any particularly strong matchups, or any sort of situation in which it shines compared to say, rushing and SP denying with Lawtia, or building a faster field with Gowen. Has anyone had any really strong success with it?
AqvasFire2

Re: Can we discuss Lawt/Gowen?

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:51 am

I've seen really strong mid files that use BKR/Jack/Bringer and strong lawt mids like Belus. Rom made a pretty good red/black dolls file before and I've dabbled with red/black undeads.

Also some Zu files start Animus just to use Bringer and BoF cause why not.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:03 pm

Yeah I've seen those files and they've colored me unimpressed. Sure, they look absolutely fearsome when they get going, but as someone that's faced that file with dolls, it doesn't hold up too well against heavy disruption. That is, it's SP intensive but very little protection against strategies that work to deny you resources (SP, sphere levels, units on the field, etc.), and against files that are also resource-intensive such as mid refess and such, it's more a sum of its parts.

Is there something I'm missing here?
AqvasFire2

Postby Ropey » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:04 pm

I did a little with Galdire , and could see lots of possibilities with Lawt/Gowen. I buffed undeads and could have put dolls, Beltia, Dullin etc into it. I also made a poison ork file with Grebados and the new ork from set11. I made a poison merc file with the new merc cards from set 11.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby NitroDino » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:07 pm

Well it is worth it if you are using Francis or Shavara, because both are really strong cards. BKR will raise Francis AT too. Other than that it is just a collection of the strongest cards from both spheres and that is enough to win matches even if the player using it has no skill at all.

The other lawtia/gowen cards are stupid, look at Punishment Hole and Der Freischutz.
NitroDino

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Narevez file :( why does no one ever acknowledge that guy, I have personally managed to achieve 6-win streak with it (not that great, but still...)
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Muklas » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:26 pm

Because sin ss, return effects, engage effects, max hp hate and any kind of (insert card type here) bane kill it dead.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:46 pm

He's kinda hard to return. You just put a song of the hero on him (her?) and he's golden.

Anyway, I just wouldn't use Animus unless I must. He slows most decks down too much (mids can afford that but most lvl3 or so files not).
LoneKnight

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:57 pm

Muklas wrote:Because sin ss, return effects, engage effects, max hp hate and any kind of (insert card type here) bane kill it dead.

It's the same with other high-leveled units, not only narevez. That's why there is a card like charity, song of a hero, and others. If you can predict those kinds of situation, Narevez is awesome :D But yeah, it's hard to avoid Like the Hand of God.
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:31 pm

LoneKnight wrote:He's kinda hard to return. You just put a song of the hero on him (her?) and he's golden.

Anyway, I just wouldn't use Animus unless I must. He slows most decks down too much (mids can afford that but most lvl3 or so files not).

And you propose to multisphere how then? One of those 30 dmg/2 to sphere SSs and a moxy?
AqvasFire2

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum