Hand Turkey Cometh

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Hand Turkey Cometh

Postby Logress » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:23 am

Thanksgiving is only a month away, so it's time for the ANNUAL ALTEIL HAND TURKEY CONTEST.

Because a week of scavenging food and gas, running around and sleeping in the cold has left me but a pale shell of a man, I will paraphrase with text mercilessly stolen from last year's contest:

in the US, we celebrate Thanksgiving, and when we're in grammer school or preschool or something, the teachers give us activities related to holidays to keep us busy. So they tell us to take a big sheet of construction paper, slap down our hands, and trace them. Then, using that tracing as a base, we draw and decorate a turkey. Ingenious! Now, I'm sure a youth of hand turkeys will give American Iczers a staggering edge in this contest, but maybe not. It's a chance we'll all have to take.

The contest is simple. Take your hand, place it on a flat surface, and trace. You'll need to convert these to digital format if you traced them on paper though, no mail in submissions. A scanner perhaps. We like taking a clean hand and pressing it up against our monitor and using the mouse to outline it. Gives a 'kid drew it with crayon' feel. You can dress your Turkeys up any which way you like, that's where the creativity comes in.

Submit all hand turkeys NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 23RD. No profanity or adult images, copyrighted material, or official Alteil art is permitted. Drawing your own version of anything copyrighted IS COVERED under right of parody and is acceptable. YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR ICZER NAME IN YOUR FILE NAME!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'll also update my original post, but due to the late hour I didn't come up with prizes until today.

ALSO

Send your turkey to:

gaogaigirl@apocoplay.com

PRIZES

-Grand Prize gets 30 Point cards and 2000 Gran

-3 Runners up will get 20 point cards and 500 Gran

-All Participants get 10 Point cards

AND - There will be a commemorative Hand Turkey card (guaranteed to be OP, just like Sunday Bringer and Chibi Dalos) given to ALL PARTICIPANTS (except the Grand Prize winner, who will get 3).

The best way to learn about HAND TURKEYS is to check out LAST YEARS CONTEST WINNERS.

http://www.alteil.com/index.php/compone ... y-winners-
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Hand Turkey Cometh

Postby ghin » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:33 am

I still haven't forgotten my missing turkey last year.
ghin

Postby AngelicDeath » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:39 pm

Hi Ghin,

I didn't get pt cards for last year turkey event either-apparently it was lost or something. Satonoko sent me some email about resending itwhich i did and that was the last i heard about it. there is a thread on it somewhere....
i did ask logress about 2 weeks back to do some halloween pumpkin carving and hand turkeys events for this year so getting another shot is cool. I'll just do it early and then email after i send it to ensure they received it.

cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Logress » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:45 pm

Ok, I'll also update my original post, but due to the late hour I didn't come up with prizes until today.

ALSO

Send your turkey to:

gaogaigirl@apocoplay.com

PRIZES

-Grand Prize gets 30 Point cards and 2000 Gran

-3 Runners up will get 20 point cards and 500 Gran

There will be a commemorative Hand Turkey card (guaranteed to be OP, just like Sunday Bringer and Chibi Dalos) given to ALL PARTICIPANTS (except the Grand Prize winner, who will get 3).
Logress

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:22 am

Can there be partial nudity? How clothed must the drawing be?
Icyman2

Postby Logress » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:00 am

I don't know if I'm comfortable with the direction this conversation is going...
Logress

Postby hexagram » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:09 pm

Icyman2 wrote:Can there be partial nudity? How clothed must the drawing be?

Take the existing alteil card art as an example.

Myabe not a good idea as some are pretty out there. e.g. kurina... (which i think the special art version should be the one in the starter pack so as not to put off certain people -e.g. kids/ or their parents.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Logress » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:47 pm

Yeah, we've had that discussion internally. We'll probably replace her at some point with more tame art, at least for the starter version. Don't worry, anyone who already has her will be able to keep her with the art as-is.
Logress

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Tame her grotesque mammoth face please.

The rest is fine. I hope you won't start going into censorship now. :/

The art is fine for kids ... seriously i hope i won't ever end up as an uptight parent who moans about art like alteil's displaying too much something (except for stuff like kurina's face! that is totally justified to complain about).
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:37 am

Logress wrote:Yeah, we've had that discussion internally. We'll probably replace her at some point with more tame art, at least for the starter version. Don't worry, anyone who already has her will be able to keep her with the art as-is.

I was about to pick up my pickfork and axe, but then you said we get to keep the original. Shame for new players though, maybe give an option to choose original art if desired at a later point?

Seasonal Kurina is best I suppose though.
Romdeau

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard