Can we discuss Lawt/Gowen?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Can we discuss Lawt/Gowen?

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:41 pm

Refex wrote:what about gowen lawtia character dolls+that guy that kills a friendly and absorbs its attack+belus.

that file was ridiculous

Gaieshart. Yeah there's a BKR/Belus/Awakened Esria/Gaieshart file around somewhere. Once again...get it rolling and you win. But get disrupted at all and you look like a fool.
AqvasFire2

Postby crystalwind12 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:11 am

I've tried Lawt/Gowen file also.

The most annoying thing was Esria/Astaforse's open skill. It's not only a drawback but also limits my options such as letting her die to trigger SS and play her later because of its ridiculous effect and 1sp cost. When she gets returned or ssined, THAT USELESS OPEN SKILL MAKES THINGS EVEN WORSE. Its garbage-like open skill ruins it totally even though she is a really great card as a unit. She could be much better without her open skill period.

The second annoying thing was Reborn Astarforse. She is a multisphere lv4 unit, which means her level is equivalent to 6 somehow. But when she hits the field, she doesn't do any significant job at all for the first turn.(AT30 HP60 huh?) And if I don't raise my Lawt level to 6 or 8, things still not much change for the next turn.(AT50) And when she becomes real threat to my opponent is normally the third turn(AT70) and she usually die before this happen. One of her action skill, double attack(sp2), is nearly useless until she gets high enough AT, which takes at least 2 turns. And another her action skill, Awakened buster system, is a simply trash skill that I won't use forever. This skill seriously needs to be changed to a somewhat reasonable skill. e.g. open skill buff like EX Esria or giving sp+1 like Judie, or back to its JP original skills

And those new Lawt/Gowen multisphere cards from set11 need to be re-designed. It seems those cards are not tested at all.
crystalwind12

Postby Mykenae » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:36 am

Actually, Esria and Astaforse has a really great open skill. Kills off opening units for early SS (close skill too if you target Crest Saboteur Knight), or you can save it for Shvara so you can send one of your opponent's units directly to the Cemetery. If you're using Magic Doll Augmented, that's pretty good too, if a little redundant. Really, all you have to do is make sure you have one unit you want to kill, either because of SS or close skill, and Esria and Astaforse can be a game changer. They've got some pretty great stats for a level 3 unit too, as well as that whole optional magic doll attack superbuff.
Mykenae

Postby Ropey » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:56 am

Why don't you just try out a few files? Then report back if you find anything interesting. Instead of asking us for a quick fix.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby crystalwind12 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:25 am

Mykenae wrote:Actually, Esria and Astaforse has a really great open skill. Kills off opening units for early SS (close skill too if you target Crest Saboteur Knight), or you can save it for Shvara so you can send one of your opponent's units directly to the Cemetery. If you're using Magic Doll Augmented, that's pretty good too, if a little redundant. Really, all you have to do is make sure you have one unit you want to kill, either because of SS or close skill, and Esria and Astaforse can be a game changer. They've got some pretty great stats for a level 3 unit too, as well as that whole optional magic doll attack superbuff.

There are better opens if you want to kill your unit for early SS. And, Killing your early unit by using Esria/Astaforse's open skill is just a waste of your SP because your opponent also want to trigger their 1st SS earlier if possible. Because of it, Her open skill shines in very limited situations, and even it doesn't guarantee to kill a key unit. In many cases, her open skill rather inhibits the flow of SP, which slow down the speed of setup.

Think about this:
You have 4sp and your field need more units to fight back. And E/A is in your file, so you choose to use her. Wait, her open skill will kill one of your valuable
unit while it doesn't guarantee to kill an opponent's unit. And if one of my unit die, my whole field will be wiped. So, I have to waste one sp to not use her
open skill.

This kinda situation occurs often when you try to use her in the middle of game. To avoid this situation, you have to play her early game usually. However, when she gets returned or when she is closed and let her die for SS, her open skill make you groan again. This is what I mean "she limits my options".

As I said above, E/A is a great unit card. But her open skill impede her potential in my opinion. Yes, her open skill can be combo with close skill unit. Is that combo is cost efficient? No, because it is a random targeting and also it kills your unit anyway. And you have to raise your Gowen/Lawtia level, which requires more SP resources. Your Sp flow is very tight. And she eats up your invaluable one SP.
crystalwind12

Postby NitroDino » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:06 am

E/A can be used with Shavara on the field, it costs you 1 more SP but it raises the chance to remove something with his close skill.
NitroDino

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:55 pm

Correct! Esria/asta and heirat assa slow you down a lot with the sp. Same goes for how/last ork.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyglare » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:16 pm

You can also avoid using the open if you don't have free SP but you guys already knew that right?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Don't know why others play those cards but if avoid the opens i might as well avoid the cards.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby LoneKnight » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:37 pm

For their abilities? Heirreat assa is pretty damn good with Gun princess.

Now Es&Astaf on the other hand... eh. Guess they have good stats and a good-ish auto at least.
LoneKnight

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum