What's the point of mirage master?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: What's the point of mirage master?

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 am

I hate the time limit on the mirage master and the turn limit is also awkward.

I also hate to see a minigame that is supposed to be there for relaxation be on a difficulty that asks for a script to play the game for you.
Also why add a minigame that not even the game admins can play at highest difficulty for fun? :/

It's for most people a false promise of giving more gran to those that put effort ... It's achievable but it's horrid and way too frustrating! In fact it's so fustrating it shouldn't even be in the game. There should be other things that reward those daily maximum 30 gran that mirage master gives.

Perhaps a different minigame along with whatever reward increase you give for leaning more towards the duel arenas ...
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Urkredel » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:29 am

I agree. Removing MM it would benefit alteil... or at least won't be a damage at all
Urkredel

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:32 am

Urkredel wrote:I agree. Removing MM it would benefit alteil... or at least won't be a damage at all

It would if it's not replaced with something else that allows you to get your quick daily reward on the days you just don't got time.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Mykenae » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:41 am

The main benefit of Mirage Master to me is the access to Alteil's story. Each of the cards that appears has its story text visible, and as far as I can tell, that's the only way to access that without owning the card itself. And there's also the matter of the glimpses of the different characters we see once we complete the puzzle. Mirage Master isn't worth it, but it does at least serve a purpose we just don't get in the main game by actually telling the story of Alteil.
Mykenae

Postby Anima13 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:24 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:
Urkredel wrote:I agree. Removing MM it would benefit alteil... or at least won't be a damage at all

It would if it's not replaced with something else that allows you to get your quick daily reward on the days you just don't got time.

Yes I have to agree here. Without my daily 15 gran (everything about intermediate 4* is crazyness) from MM I could not have enjoyed this games content. With dail MM, lot patience and persistency + a few targeted purchases I could get access to a game and enjoy it.
Daily lotto is a nice addition to the game, but MM is simply still superior. And yes I enjoy the game (esp If i manage it ) and the additional infos to the story line.
It also helped me to learn some of the cards early, when you are exposed to the huge variety in game and need to learn the cards.

So if you think about removing MM, please think about adding an other possibility to get daily 15 gran.

eg a daily achievement :
play 1 game with shielded cards/starter deck cards only in crest arena, win 15 gran.

I posted this idea/its alternatives before but unconnected with a clear revard here:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=13232&start=170
Anima13

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:35 am

What's worse is that even when you play your weekly game or have to plat 5 of 7, you also need to do MM simply because of the many lotto repeats.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Mykenae wrote:The main benefit of Mirage Master to me is the access to Alteil's story. Each of the cards that appears has its story text visible, and as far as I can tell, that's the only way to access that without owning the card itself. And there's also the matter of the glimpses of the different characters we see once we complete the puzzle. Mirage Master isn't worth it, but it does at least serve a purpose we just don't get in the main game by actually telling the story of Alteil.

This. The only complain I have is that it has been long since the content is updated. The cards used is only until set 6 and no more, cmiiw. And, while interesting, the long snippet after you complete a game only consists of 4(5?) different characters. There are better ways to convey the story (and getting daily Gran) though, so I don't think it's not that big of a deal.
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:59 pm

I hope story mode will replace it both as the daily gran grinder and the story dispenser.
LoneKnight

Postby gabotheplaya » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:37 am

I want this to be tied to the daily duelist "mini-quest"...

maybe, doable versus an npc?

maybe create a "pool of ready-made files by other players" that you can play with 1 time?

maybe that "pool" are from the last played files of people with currently 1600RP + and likely to have rare cards and cool combos for people to test out and be enticed?

maybe 10 gran for losing, 15 for winning?

maybe award all players who played 5 days out of 7 with a treasure battle up potion for their dedication if they play in the normal arenas?

maybe?
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby dfmchfhf » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:55 am

I kinda liked MM back when I was new... MM on Advanced **** was a great way for me to learn the cards.
Still is the case in .jp... although that's more because I barely ever even look at my .jp cards

The time restriction in MM is really annoying though, especially because it doesn't pre-load all the card images and sometimes takes 2~3 whole seconds to load up a card image...
dfmchfhf

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion