The Circle's List of File Types - Refess

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: The Circle's List of File Types - Refess

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:34 pm

To be completely honest I think Cure is one of those cards that low-skill players fall in love with and veterans hate. I mean sure it's super useful in select cases but comes with some pretty hefty opportunity costs.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:00 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:To be completely honest I think Cure is one of those cards that low-skill players fall in love with and veterans hate. I mean sure it's super useful in select cases but comes with some pretty hefty opportunity costs.

Bold parts my emphasis:
1) Unless you're curing some sort of huge monster like Brutal Mammoth, you should be using cure light, since it doesn't cost you any SP. When you're talking about healing a guardian, where Judie/Etoile are involved, all you usually need is the 40. With star dragon, it's just not even worth it. Let the beast die and spend 1 SP reviving him and save the other to restore your sphere levels.

2) The hefty opportunity cost isn't just the fact that you're paying 2 SP compared to cure light, but that you're taking up one of your 25 slots with a card that really doesn't give you the most return for that card slot.
AqvasFire2

Postby shadowsketch » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:57 am

Shirozaki wrote:
Jazzock wrote:Folrart Standard Bearer * Can help make it morning

I don't exactly know what this guy is doing here. His ability to change the time during the action phase doesn't benefit you all that much. He speedruns with Weissvogel and doesn't trigger Orfen's buff at all.

I don't think Standard Bearer fits in the weissvogel build since that's about rushing out level 3s.

I do see it fitting in a level 2 rush with the lycans as back up for Verlaat. I used it in a Fierte level 2 Lycan rush, I'll have to take a look at it again.

GonFreeces31 wrote:To be completely honest I think Cure is one of those cards that low-skill players fall in love with and veterans hate. I mean sure it's super useful in select cases but comes with some pretty hefty opportunity costs.

Why use Cure when you can use Awakening? https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=848

Awakening is much more versatile since it dispels buffs. I had fun with it when Holy Shield was big, and it's less risky than say Hand of God.
shadowsketch

Postby Callonia » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:30 am

I seem to recall pwning a pure terror because it went first on my sergis with like 300+ hp and cure went second and erased the 999 damage xD

And I was like, what now meanie.

Cure have its place if you really don't want something to die no matter what like an sure kill grimiore and hope it goes second. And Considering how often i lose the grimiore rolls *coughmiraclefruitofuselesscough* Cure helps me more than miracle fruit.

So basically the cure did a heal of 1299.

Cure is useful if you can anticipate a kill grimiore coming and you know how often you win the coin flip, if the answer is almost never, then by all means, go ahead and cure and make the lucky coin flip winner for going first rage pretty hard.

Cure counters stuff like deathmaker, split second decision, emo 999 damage, and any hp that sets ur hp to 0 or does overdamage.
to put it simply, small cure for small damage but cure for big damage.

And there's another scenario i can think of, if you don't want rubens to go straight to cem and he haz like hundreds of max hp value at the moment, you can just cast cure on him and buy yourself another turn of safety and he returns to ur file. Unless the opponent feel like beating rubens up again just to make him die.

inb4 people go say garfath for overdamage grims.

Garfath is lvl 5, requires 5 refess sphere while cure is 2, requires 2 refess sphere.

Awakening can backfire if you have benefical buffs you don't want going away.
Callonia

Postby Jazzock » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:38 am

Added section for cards which are good in most refess files

Updated Rubens, Miffy and verlaat.

Moved miffy, elaice, amethyst buncle to key cards in respective files

Removed SK6 all together.

Moved emerald buncle in teh HKL part to common cards

Added Alphonce and lumira to mid-ref

Thanks Shiro :D
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby Shirozaki » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:12 pm

Oh, I also forgot to remark: You forgot TGC.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Khiruki » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:17 pm

True God Church... why they so sexy?

:|
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby methebest » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:30 pm

i hate playing against tgc to much hp >.>
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Jazzock » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:39 pm

hmm TGC, I'll try to get it done after Big Noze :lol:
Maybe i'll ask a guidie to do it for me lol
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby Jazzock » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:59 am

Added TGC

Jazzock

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum