Theme: Improve new user experience
Progress: Track here
- Modify website to improve new user experience
- Create landing page for new users that is more in line with industry standards and a little less dated.
- Create an elevator pitch for the game for new users (2 minute session explaining what Alteil is). Use big name voice actor(s) if possible.
- Create video training sessions for new users.
- Create video sessions explaining how to use the new starters.
- Test server needs to be fully online. It should be an exact clone of the entire main network.
- Test new starters on test server. Put starters on live before the sprint is over if they pass testing.
- Test the new expansion on the test server.
- Upgrade bug tracking system
- Continue fixing existing bugs.
- Investigate technical requirements to give out XP in the single player arena for users under level 20.
- Business/legal maintenance
- Continue watching new users in person to see personal reactions of potential players.
Future sprints (not this one) will include the following improvements to new user experience:
- Replace tutorial with story mode that engages the player into the plot directly.
- Fixed starters during level ups for beginners. Users will get all starters eventually but only bit by bit to prevent the feeling of being overwheled. Users will also get cards that enhance the starters as they level up.
- Improved chat system
- (Possible) rewarding lower level players for doing well instead of just outright winning
Next sprint will most likely focus around HTML5, starting with the card list tool.
We talked about things to start doing, stop doing, and continue doing. One major item mentioned was to improve the way we handled responses bug reports. We also want to decrease the time between confirmed reportsand giving out rewards.
- Logress, ThatDave, and others now have power
- Logistics of transit are still shaky but this should not affect Alteil much due to telecommuting.
- While ThatDave's neighbor's house was destroyed, emergency personnel were able to put out the flames before the fire spread.
Last sprint's progress can be seen here