Lawtia/falkow dion

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Lawtia/falkow dion

Postby Haku-Chan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:43 pm

I don't get how you guys say, sp drain and return don't work together in a logical sense. Return cards can be looked at as a sp drain tactic. However i do see how you guys say the deck doesn't have much synergy.

The reason why, i use annarose simulacrum is because i do not have frog and even though doesn't engage it makes it were one unit of opponent can not attack. So you kind of have to realize that i am having to have to use random units because of my limited card pool.
Haku-Chan

Postby Spiration » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:26 pm

Add more undead and maybe some grim bane, perhaps take out sorc monk as it'll be difficult to use her to hold your ground, I think it'll be easier to play to protect Dion as your core.
Spiration

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Haku-Chan wrote:I don't get how you guys say, sp drain and return don't work together in a logical sense. Return cards can be looked at as a sp drain tactic. However i do see how you guys say the deck doesn't have much synergy.

The reason why, i use annarose simulacrum is because i do not have frog and even though doesn't engage it makes it were one unit of opponent can not attack. So you kind of have to realize that i am having to have to use random units because of my limited card pool.

They meant card removal. Not sp drain.

But i stand to what i said, overdose is a better grimoire pick.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Haku-Chan wrote:I don't get how you guys say, sp drain and return don't work together in a logical sense.

I guess it's thinking about how cards compliment each other. In almost all card games there are distinctions made between control cards/decks and aggro cards/decks. Your file here is an odd mixture of the two. Generally, stronger decks tend to embrace things one way or the other.

Take Death's Embrace. When is that card used best? What cards compliment that card? Well, embrace works best with fighter units and field wiping capability. You file does not have many fighter units and it does not have soul skills that are conducive to field wipes. So what does this card really do for you?

I guess I think that if you take out bitter destiny and deaths embrace and replace those two cards with owl sages I think this file will improve dramatically.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby gadu » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:48 pm

SP drain is depleting opponents SP. Return doesn't deplete. It lowers both players SP, but the purpose of it is to single out and kill your opponent's units. The purpose of SP drain is to disrupt what opponent can play and restrict their options, force them to let units die... the usual Lawt tricks.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:12 pm

Return does remove SP. If you want to drain out the opponent of SP return/tidal and such are good options. So basically it can add up A LOT to the sp drain.

And seriously, owl sage doesn't improve that file. :(
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby shadowsketch » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:52 pm

So I'll try explaining it this way.

Return and SP Drain are both stall mechanics. If you return a unit, it'll take a couple of turns for the opponent to get enough sp to recast it. Same deal with SP Drain--it'll take the opponent a few turns to regain the SP, but he'll be able to recast the unit later.

The key to making either strategy work is applying pressure with units. That way, you'll have your opponent struggling to maintain field presence while building up your own, otherwise known as snowballing the opponent. File destruction has both units that are weak ATK wise and relies heavily on grims, so you can't use your units to snowball your opponent. If you mix SP drain and/or Returns with File Destruction, you're only stalling the opponent since you don't have the field presence to apply pressure.
shadowsketch

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:58 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:And seriously, owl sage doesn't improve that file. :(

Umm... There is a diondora and returns in that file... Owl sage is kind of the most important things you could add.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby methebest » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:29 am

needs less falkow and more lawtia and no dion
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:10 am

Well the file looks okeyish now. :/

Maybe you'll figure out the rest. good luck
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum