The Great Set 11 Version Up Battle

Ongoing Promotions and Events

The Great Set 11 Version Up Battle

Postby Logress » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:22 am

Set 11 is getting a VERSION UP! If you've been around the site during the GP year, you know that Version Up (in English) is used in Japan to indicate some change, generally for the better (or something like a buff). But no, we're not buffing Set 11, instead we're giving this Set the one thing it's missing...

A recycle value! That's right, we're going to liquidate the free, 0 Gran versions of the cards from the server and replace them with full fledged gran value cards with little stars on them denoting their rarity and everything.

But does that mean we're taking away your free Set 11? Yes! I mean, NO, just kidding.. put down that knife. Please? No? Well, hold onto the knife a little longer if it makes you feel better, but hear me out. Everyone will be able to get three copies of the new, Gran-value Set 11 with relative ease.

We're going to handle this the way we handle everything, with a duel! Or rather, ten! Kind of like a super-duper 5 of 7, where you battle X times in a week and get a card, only now you get 60. Here is how you get your 3 copies of Gran-value Set 11 cards.

1st copy -- Own any number of the 'free' version of the card. You all should have this for every card by now. If not, you have until tomorrow night to get them from the shop!

2nd copy -- Play ten or more battles that go ten turns or more between Monday the 12th and Sunday the 18th.

3rd copy -- Play ten or more battles that go ten turns or more between Monday the 19th and Sunday the 25th.

And what if you're busy one of those two weeks? Out of town for the great pancreas race? Well, if you do 30 or more battles on either week, we will give you both copies as well. (always a maximum of 3 total). And what if you're out of town both weeks? Well, then you'll just have to BUY them when I put them in the shop like everyone else!!! BWA HAHAAHAHAHA!! --oh. You still have that knife, don't you? Uh... yes... Er, well if you have a really, really, really good reason you can't play both those weeks, just contact Mystery Man or Thatdave and bring your knife, they'll... hmm, not buying it, eh? Fine, email me at logress@apocoplay.com and we'll see what we can do.

So maybe you're wondering what's with the hoop jumping for something you already have, but don't underestimate the importance of what you're getting out of this. Having a large amount of Gran value in recycle value (180 cards worth) gives you unprecedented flexibility. If there are cards you don't use, you can use their recycle value to buy the next EX Set (probably in its entirety with little effort) or an earlier Set you missed, or whatever you want. It's a brave new gran-valued world!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: The Great Set 11 Version Up Battle

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:43 am

Some questions:
1) Which arena do you have to battle in?
2) Is there any way to keep track of the battle done?
3) Is there any news on UGC? <--- I know it's offtopic :P
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:10 am

This time i swear i'll just spam games on a new file created before the event starts. Play 30 games with over 10 turns in the first week and spam more games in the next.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:06 am

InfernityFan wrote:Some questions:
1) Which arena do you have to battle in?

I hope against AI and training is also allowed, but I guess it has to be in crest or folrart :(
InfernityFan wrote:2) Is there any way to keep track of the battle done?

I normally use notepad to do this, though many other tools like pen and paper also exist to solve this problem (just take care to check the number of turns used at the end of each battle). Someday alteil will probably show us the count in a user interface, though I doubt that's added already.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby Romdeau » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:11 am

what if we don't care whether our cards have recycle value or not and just want to keep them?
Romdeau

Postby Muklas » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:33 am

Bub, it's just two games a day, suck it up and stop complaining.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Romdeau » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:48 am

Savin877 wrote:Ideas are bad. We don't take kindly to them here.
Romdeau

Postby ghin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:19 am

when will be the cards taken away?
when will be the recycle-valued card given?
or
are we going to be able to play set11 during the event?
ghin

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Romdeau wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLfud_qjwfM

all the good quality versions seem to be gone now, stupid youtube
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Savin877 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Romdeau wrote:

Just make it your signature. Then my life's work will be complete.

I really wonder if playing 30 battles is worth it. I think I've played......5 since this game came back up. Meh.
Savin877

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard