Reopen Mirage Master FM

User suggestions to improve the game

Reopen Mirage Master FM

Postby MiKeMiTchi » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:16 am

Why not reopen FM in MM for MM's sake?

Please do enlighten us why it was removed again? It was to prevent botters from gaining huge FM amounts for the 2500 FM -> Point Card conversion, correct? If that's the case, then why not just limit MM's FM reward like daily Gran reward?

0. The promise of Napoleon since MM FM ending is still at large (2 months became 2 years and counting)
http://www.alteil.com/index.php/component/content/article/1-latest-news/908-mirage-master-fm-ending

1. Bring back FM in MM
2. Like MM Gran, limit FM reward daily ( possibly 1 Gran : 4 FM ) (20, 40, and 60 FM consequently)
3. Iczers levels 20 and above have a chance of getting FM besides Folrart arena matches, since Daily Duelist FM reward only lasts 'til LVL 19.
4. Newbies will also have better access on avatar items, FM lottery, and FM->PC.

This proposal won't terribly hurt the balance since one low-leveled iczer needs to play about a month (losing 5 or more battles per day + suggested MM FM reward) while not accounting wins to accumulate at least 2500 FM (and that's just 1 PC). Let's say you gain 500 FM a day, and get the max suggested reward: 500 + 60. You'll accumulate 2500 FM in 5 days at most, and 10 PCs in 44 days -- that's technically 50 days without the MM FM reward. That'll still take a long time, and what more when we include the FM lottery and the Avatar Store? I've seen high-level players with ~14k FM on their account, but that alone won't still give you a 1* of your choice. I know you could gain PCs in other ways like participating in events, but just consider... that not all players, esp. free players, can always participate in events. Having more chances of getting FM may lower the amount of players that'll quit because of continuous arena losses, and MM is a viable choice since it offered FM long before. I know this will make high-level players a tad richer, but the rich aren't richer when there's almost no one in the bottom of the food chain.

With FM reopen in mind, I believe this will increase MM's significance and gives hardworking newbies some fighting chance, even for a bit. But if this FM reward is still not feasible for reopening in MM, then why show new players the FM reward as forever '0'? It will only hurt the eyes of the new players, hoping they could get some FM out of MM... but to no avail. Do something about the FM option in MM! Either reopen it, or just plainly remove it (including the texts) from MM completely.

Thoughts on this matter?
MiKeMiTchi

Re: Reopen Mirage Master FM

Postby methebest » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:35 am

fm lotto was the main reason but fm for point cards is another.
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby MiKeMiTchi » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:19 am

I believe that was not the main reason. Who would have exploited MM FM mainly 2 years back for FM lotto when they had a better choice in botting FM->PC where they could get the card of their choice? FM lotto wasn't even around then. The ending resulted into the emergence of the FM lotto, but without the MM FM, beginners, since that time, had less access to FM, thus giving less access to non-recyclable starter cards. They had to resort into buying the beginner's pack and starter switchers instead, which is good for the game.

MM FM and FM lotto: One that lets you gain FM gone, and another one that needs FM to operate appears.

As quoted in the given link above:
Let's say someone comes up with a Meta deck that's simple to play. It's harvesting wins pretty quick. A cheater sees this, quickly writes down all the cards in the deck, and then bots for FM. He turns that FM into point cards, and the point cards into the cards he needs. A thousand times faster then even a paying player can put together these cards, the cheater has done it. But there isn't just one cheater, there are quite a few. And all of a sudden, it seems like every single battle in Folrart is with this same deck. -- Logress
Last edited by MiKeMiTchi on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
MiKeMiTchi

Postby methebest » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:26 am

well it happened at the same time as fm lotto >.>
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby MiKeMiTchi » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:33 am

What's the point then? The main topic of this proposal is not on remembering the exact main reason why MM FM was removed, but it's more on discussing the viability of opening MM FM again with certain conditions.
MiKeMiTchi

Postby Icyglare » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:14 pm

To open it means getting rid of valuable things associated with FM purchase, like getting rid of FM Lotto and Point Card purchases
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:49 pm

MiKeMiTchi wrote:What's the point then? The main topic of this proposal is not on remembering the exact main reason why MM FM was removed, but it's more on discussing the viability of opening MM FM again with certain conditions.

Forget MM. It's a terrible game.

Better add napoleon. It's fun. It gives FM.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby MiKeMiTchi » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:30 pm

May I just know how much FM a high-ranking player can accumulate daily?

Also, why would FM lotto\lottery and PC conversion be removed by a little amount of FM you would get from what I've suggested? For iczers below level 20, that means you can get at least one new starter card from FM lottery per day, and possibly 3 at most if you play a lot. They would also have to choose between daily lotto and lottery. Go for the easy way and fight daily for the lotto and higher FM reward when tou won that battle, or go the tedious and repetitive way but get both Gran and FM in MM so they can pull from the 10 Gran and possibly FM lottery as well? That's not too game breaking for the beginner since the cards that he or she will be getting is totally random, and it's not like the player can use that single copy most of the time. I've also stated the impact for FM-> PC coversion, assuming you gain 500 + 60 FM a day. And that nets you 10 PCs in 44 days, compared to the regular 50 days with 500 FM assumed accumulation daily. That's not much of a change in the short run.

The major problem though, is that you can't get to play MM and pull a daily lotto at the same time. That sucks. Why not just let us play both? We'd most likely get two 1* anyway, worth 10 gran when recycled. For the spender, it might be redundant, but for the free-player, it still takes a lot time to get strong playsets from that alone.

Ultimately, think of it psychologically. How would people react when they see FM reward? Since they have more access for gaining FM (arena, and daily duelist only atm if I remember correctly), then I believe they will have more time to play Alteil.

Napoleon? Ugh... With all the stuff\bugs\story\flow needed to be fixed, I doubt it can see daylight anytime soon.
MiKeMiTchi

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:46 pm

It's a copy paste and a week away at most (probably 1 to 2 days), considering the description of some staff ...
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby MiKeMiTchi » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:01 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:It's a copy paste and a week away at most (probably 1 to 2 days), considering the description of some staff ...

I'm still waiting.
MiKeMiTchi

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau