So I hear you like teh Facebooks

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: So I hear you like teh Facebooks

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:00 pm

What are you even moaning about?

Are you actually sharing the facebook page with your friends? Do you like the game? Do you think they will be happy being invited to this game, with or without much changing?

~~~~~

Here an explanation. Not sure why you want it, but you could ask for it nicely and without being a sarcastic ignorant dickhead:
As stated before and others also agreed upon, those invited will probably won't be satisfied with the game will not stay. With or without the 1 set they will still quit, aside from few, which really doesn't benefit alteil as much it would if MORE would be encourage to stay. Is that clear?

I play to get the cards because i am actually playing every now and then and currently am sort of active, even with the game as it is and was and might still be in the near future. You need more cards for more options. Well i hope it does change and improve, i did spend money for it. Same goes for any other game i paid money for (including starcraft 2)

It takes minutes to post. I tend to post a lot on forums and i don't see what troubles you have regarding it. So piss off.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyglare » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:30 pm

I told you before, I dislike hypocrites, get rid of the hypocrisy and maybeh you'll get less sarcasm.

Oh and even with the jumbled word mess, I completely know what you are talking about

For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Romdeau » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Peace and love?
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Icyglare wrote:I told you before, I dislike hypocrites, get rid of the hypocrisy and maybeh you'll get less sarcasm.

Oh and even with the jumbled word mess, I completely know what you are talking about

Well dunno, get rid of your hypocrisy yourself.

Also you fail at reading.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyglare » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:17 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Well dunno, get rid of your hypocrisy yourself.

This is going to be the second time I call you out on what you say. I'm calling you a hypocrite because you complain about many things about the game and refuse to tell your friends about it because of your dislike but then will stick around the forums, fight for 10 gran, and announcing how you will do 30 battles next week.

Now, where is my hypocrisy?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Logress » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:28 am

ACTUALLY...

You guys have brought up something very IMPORTANT I've been meaning to get to...

Why would we want anyone to see the game before it's all patched up, dressed up, painted up and ready to be wheeled on stage?

After all, doesn't conventional business wisdom say to hide your product from too many prying eyes until it's ready? I mean, Apple wouldn't put out an i-product that's not ready for prime time would they? Can you imagine that, like one that had some half-***ed busted map app or something?

Is it just that it's business as usual in Alteil-land? Is that why were're trying to drum up traffic when the bridge is still out? (Hey, that's kind of a great analogy, it gets better the more you think about it -- doesn't help my cause at all, but it is great

Hmm, well... no. You see, conventional business wisdom says a lot of things that don't apply to small companies and startups -- and following conventional business wisdom can often sink said types of companies. It's pretty much agreed than in the world of internet business, you actually DO want people to start using your product, and right away, even if it's a sad excuse for a piece of software (the more you think about it, the more this explains a lot of software made in the past 10 years). Lots of studies have been done and long-term it always works better that way. People who see your product in its half-finished state sometimes become followers, who keep up on it as it progresses. These are the ones who see its potential, or maybe fall in love with the game but still find it incomplete. But lets say our example person doesn't. Lets say or example person is the guy or gal you assume, the one who tries it out, gets slapped in the face with its flaws, and leaves. That person is still 1000 times more likely to come back and try it again 2 years later when he hears about it again through the grapevine or sees an internet banner. And even if he DOESN'T come back, the reasons why he leaves -- if you can discover them -- give a really good prospective for the developer, because they are usually very different than the reasons why long term players leave (For example, I've have now heard "Because Kurina is like, naked, if my mom saw me playing this game she'd take away my computer" from 3 different people -- I totally would never have figured that would be an issue at this point. Thank you, desensitization).

I guess the point is... the cold call of the internet -- random exposure through web banners, mention on news sites, etc... have an INSANELY low chance of success. There is just too much out there. You probably don't even realize how many ads or game mentions you ignore every single day. 10? 100? more? Pretty much the only time they work is 1) pure luck or 2) it is combined with some kind of secondary familiarity. So having played the game before, or at least been to the site obviously provides that secondary level of familiarity. And the luck angle... Well, the RNG of getting users is worse than getting 5-stars of the lotto, but as with playing lotto, the way you get something good out of it is volume. Since the more the better, that means collecting eyeballs as soon as possible and as often as possible.

This may or may sound like a bunch of random chatter, but for those of you interested in making apps or starting your own business some day, this concept was pretty groundbreaking when people first started applying it to internet business.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby methebest » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:47 am

Logress wrote:snip

though im not sure exactly what your trying to say ill still say the following

simply put think of it like this

person plays bad game quits and will never try it again.

person plays good game if person quits they might try again later.

currently alteil is a bad game while i don't think it will ever be a really good game it could be alot better, the better it is the more customers it will get.
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Muklas » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:23 am

It ain't that simple, bub.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Logress » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:31 pm

more like so:

simply put think of it like this

person plays bad game with some potential, quits -- they might try again later.

person plays bad game but never gets far enough into it to know if it has some potential or not, quits -- they still might try again later.

person who has never played game before has drastically lower chance of trying game than the above two categories.

Yeah, I know it seems counter-intuitive at first glance, but remember that as veteran players and posters (and game manager-types) sort of makes us bad judges in this circumstance. I wouldn't have thought it if serial internet entrepreneurs hadn't told me.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby methebest » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:30 pm

what i was trying to say was at leasy wait till this sprints over before trying to get new pla\yers, as well it is the new player sprint.
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

PreviousNext

Return to Crest Courtyard