Remember potions

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Remember potions

Postby AquasFire3 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:24 am

I like potions i would use them in the batora event when everyone gave up XD
AquasFire3

Postby angelspawns » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:20 pm

All the "different" potion options that are currently in the Shop are overkill. They're also heavily priced and only provide 10 uses. There's also no guarantee you win the match to be worthit! Now that you're looking into the potions, i'd like to propose the following:

Treasure Potion (25% more TB's) - 1000FM
It's really just for the grinders with meta decks. I don't think this is an item you must try to make money off. (Gran) Or should encourage to much.
Experience Potion (25% more Exp) - 750FM
FightMoney Potion (25% more FM) - 50 Gran

Potion Packs:
Beginners Backpack (15% more TB, 25% more FM, 35% more Exp) - 2500FM. Purchasable for Iczers below lvl40.
The right equipment no beginning Iczer can go without! Start your journey prepared with this lovely bag of goodies. Comes with 1 Pointcard, and 5 random Shielded Cards.
Intermediate Backpack (25% more TB, 25% more FM, 25% more Exp) - 3500FM. Purchasable for Iczers below lvl100.
Comes with 1 Pointcard.
Advanced Backpack (35% more TB, 15% more FM, 15% more Exp) - 4500FM. Purchasable for Iczers lvl100+.

Potions should last for 15 battles, or made so you can chose to use it at the end of a battle for that match. You can only carry 1 Potion (or Backpack) at a time, so nothing stacks and must first be used before you can re-purchase it again.

Guild Achievements & Potions:
Guilds can level up or do achievements to gain "GP", a new currency simulair to Gran or FM.

- It's official! (1GP + Lavato's Heart)
Reach level 1. You recieve your very first GuildPoint! Exchange GP in the Avatar Shop, under items, for Guild Potions.
Guild Potion *Lavato's Heart*
Level 1 Potion. Increase all members FM gained from matches by +10%.

- All for One. (2GP)
Reach level 2.

- For the masses. (1GP + Lavato's Body)
Reach level 3.
Guild Potion *Lavato's Body*
Level 2 Potion. Increase all members Exp gained from matches by +2.

- Fame and Glory. (2GP + Lavato's Mind)
Reach level 4.
Guild Potion *Lavato's Mind*
Unique Potion. All members gain a small chance to activate a random Treasure Battle. (2%)

Guild Potions stack with normal Potions or Backpacks. It can only be purchased by the Guild Leader, and the bonusses account for all Guild Members.
Last edited by angelspawns on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
angelspawns

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Why the hell are potions level restricted anyway?

You actually want to sell not restrict. Completely avoid such silly restrictions that slow sales down even more!
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Pikeru » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:32 pm

angelspawns wrote:All the "different" potion options that are currently in the Shop are overkill. They're also heavily priced and only provide 10 uses. There's also no guarantee you win the match to be worthit! Now that you're looking into the potions, i'd like to propose the following:

Treasure Potion (25% more TB's) - 1000FM
It's really just for the grinders with meta decks. I don't think this is an item you must try to make money off. (Gran) Or should encourage to much.
Experience Potion (25% more Exp) - 750FM
FightMoney Potion (25% more FM) - 50 Gran

Potion Packs:
Beginners Backpack (15% more TB, 25% more FM, 35% more Exp) - 2500FM. Purchasable for Iczers below lvl40.
The right equipment no beginning Iczer can go without! Start your journey prepared with this lovely bag of goodies. Comes with 1 Pointcard, and 5 random Shielded Cards.
Intermediate Backpack (25% more TB, 25% more FM, 25% more Exp) - 3500FM. Purchasable for Iczers below lvl100.
Comes with 1 Pointcard.
Advanced Backpack (35% more TB, 15% more FM, 15% more Exp) - 4500FM. Purchasable for Iczers lvl100+.

Potions should last for 15 battles, or made so you can chose to use it at the end of a battle for that match. You can only carry 1 Potion (or Backpack) at a time, so nothing stacks and must first be used before you can re-purchase it again.

Guild Achievements & Potions:
Guilds can level up or do achievements to gain "GP", a new currency simulair to Gran or FM.

- It's official! (1GP + Lavato's Heart)
Reach level 1. You recieve your very first GuildPoint! Exchange GP in the Avatar Shop, under items, for Guild Potions.
Guild Potion *Lavato's Heart*
Level 1 Potion. Increase all members FM gained from matches by +10%.

- All for One. (2GP)
Reach level 2.

- For the masses. (1GP + Lavato's Body)
Reach level 3.
Guild Potion *Lavato's Body*
Level 2 Potion. Increase all members Exp gained from matches by +2.

- Fame and Glory. (2GP + Lavato's Mind)
Reach level 4.
Guild Potion *Lavato's Mind*
Unique Potion. All members gain a small chance to activate a random Treasure Battle. (2%)

Guild Potions stack with normal Potions or Backpacks. It can only be purchased by the Guild Leader, and the bonusses account for all Guild Members.

Yes, a practical reason to joining a guild would be greatly appreciated, I second this proposition. At the moment, it feels like becoming a guild member remains a fairly useless option save for very mild aesthetic purposes or for padding a specific player's over-sized ego, such as Johnjo for example.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Savin877 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Since you actually want a price

100FM. Maybe that is even too much.

There would be no point. It would only encourage more people to make the top percentage of meta decks and spam them constantly in Folrart. Why has this issue not been addressed yet? I would advise you to look at some of the other options players have pointed out and build on that.
Savin877

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:21 pm

Shouldn't we be encouraging fun play not meta files? I'm getting tired of playing the couple of meta worthy files/cards I have.
I think it's just bad design in general. I don't care if it's 100 fm; I'm not buying a potion that gives more tb. Gives people an excuse to concentrate on the game and call each other names.
Icyman2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Icyman2 wrote:Shouldn't we be encouraging fun play not meta files? I'm getting tired of playing the couple of meta worthy files/cards I have.
I think it's just bad design in general. I don't care if it's 100 fm; I'm not buying a potion that gives more tb. Gives people an excuse to concentrate on the game and call each other names.

I agree. This is a very valid point.

Folrart is utterly annoying. I might take a serious break after the event is over. @_@
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Logress » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:56 pm

Right. Looks like potions need to go back to the drawing board. I was hoping to find one to make cheap as an immediate test, but since I totally agree with all your points, there's no reason to do the TB one.

My initial feeling was if it could be cheap enough per actual card you get it could be an alternative to the lotto, it might at least promote more play. But, that was flawed.

I don't really like giving XP bonus, because it is actually bad for new players to level up fast.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Romdeau » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:24 pm

I think fixing set 11 might promote actual play.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Romdeau

Postby Shirozaki » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:24 am

Romdeau wrote:I think fixing set 11 might promote actual play.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Or getting a competent mod, Mr. Goldfish.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau