The Great Set 11 Version Up Battle

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: The Great Set 11 Version Up Battle

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Scientiafide wrote:Wow. So Logress makes a post about an event that could potentially make people lose a good portion of the cards in their collection, and the thread devolves into arguments over game balance and personal attacks. Did I miss something? Why all the animosity and fighting? Did someone throw a chair?

This is quickly becoming the norm around here. The bitter cycle of hatred never ends.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:56 pm

Circle. Not cycle. Circle.

Scientiafide wrote:Anyway just to reiterate, this event is horrible. I've yet to see a player say this is a good idea, and I don't think such a person exists .

Ya that was the general idea agreed upon, until that hater started moaning ...
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Muklas » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:05 pm

Any event that gives me free gran is a good event as far as I'm concerned.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Savin877 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:03 pm

It is just one of the many things that us.......concerned consumers keep pestering Logress about. He needs to be more active with us.

1) We don't like this event. It should never have been conceived.
2) It completely eliminates the point of his "gift" that he gave us
3) A good majority of us feel that we have to now "give back" to the man in order to receive something when the purpose of a free gift should be that. Free
4) Hell have we even looked at Folrart? I see a total of 5 matches maybe going on during the busiest peak times.

I mean, do I have to spell it out for Logress and staff? This is going to be a 10 turn skip-fest 10 times a day just so everyone can have their 3 copies of said cards. This is ridiculous and it does nothing to promote Alteil's "grand-revival" when people are going to be in the arena wanting to play and all players are doing is skipping their turns.

But since this event starts tomorrow I guess all players are screwed over already since your wonderful manager of the game has decided not to address any of said points. Have fun tomorrow everyone!
Savin877

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm not screwed over and i will play the 30 games. Maybe more.

Prepare for a funny deck. :lol: :lol: :lol:
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby killer_floss » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:01 pm

I have to agree with the general consensus that this event is going against the point of the free set 11 gift, especially when that gift was made in order to get old and new players back into the game. I think doing so is tantamount to bait and switch advertising as well for those of us who actually got the cards (the fact that we lose the set 11 cards we were promised for free during that event and end up missing out on the gran ones in the current one, thus being required to pay for the cards we had in the first place. Someone more savvy with the law probably should clarify this...)

Couldn't we just keep the non-recycle value cards and just have them slowly converted to gran recyclable ones as the weeks go on depending if we participated in the event or not?
killer_floss

Postby asxlen64 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:09 pm

actually set11 was given free to all players since alteil was going to close down.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby Scientiafide » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:22 pm

It seems I'm seeing two different trains of thought here regarding this event...

Player a: Wow how lame is it to give something to players, only to take it away? I feel sorry for those who wont be here, they're gonna lose cards in their collection.

Player B: LOL who cares about those people, I'm gonna be able to attend the event. Free gran for meeeeeee wooot!

Scientiafide

Postby killer_floss » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:41 pm

asxlen64 wrote:actually set11 was given free to all players since alteil was going to close down.

Yeah and they brought the promotion event back after they announced Alteil switching to Apocaplay and relaunched it, so that's where I got the idea that it was to entice old players and get some new players into the game. (Even said in the announcement that was the purpose...at least for the latter.)

I'm really more against the idea that you're essentially being given something for free, albeit with no resale value, and then decided to take it away with the promises that you'll get it back again after you do this and that.

Imagine if this was done with say...the starter files. You get those for free and you can't recycle the cards for gran...what if there's an event that turns those starter cards into recyclable cards, but you first lose access to them all. Sure some people don't use their starter files anymore, but some of their files might still contain starter cards which would automatically be removed. The same applies to what this set 11 version up does.

It's not the best example but I hope it outlines where I'm coming from.
killer_floss

Postby gadu » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:03 pm

I think in addition to the 5/7 event, it should also be 100% Treasure Battles! :twisted: QQ y'all.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

PreviousNext

Return to Crest Courtyard