Augment Discussion

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Augment Discussion

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:03 pm

Yes, that's GOTTA be it, or maybe it's because it's the only thing that a bunch of the population CAN do to be remotely competitive?

Calculated use of overdose in good spots wins games. Spamming overdose and killing sacrificial units while your opponent pumps out heavier hitters? That stuff makes you look like an idiot. And if you lose to overdose spam, well, maybe you gotta examine your playstyle.
AqvasFire2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:13 pm

I forgot to mention my big lawtia was tearing the augments a new one.

I am more scared about undeads to be honest.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby gadu » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:30 pm

That Augmented Soldier is also kind of powercreeped compared to other L3 units. 70 HP and gets a huge buff when almost dead. :shock: The only other L3 with more HP I can think of is Dual Ax on rank-up. Being ugly isn't helping his case either.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Khiruki » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:43 pm

gadu wrote:That Augmented Soldier is also kind of powercreeped compared to other L3 units. 70 HP and gets a huge buff when almost dead. :shock: The only other L3 with more HP I can think of is Dual Ax on rank-up. Being ugly isn't helping his case either.

Meathead is cute.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:58 pm

Logress, what augments need is a way to deal with mids and bigger units. Overdose as it is currently is just giving them more anti rush tactics. I think it would be better if overdose just did high damage to one unit.
Icyman2

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:18 am

Logress wrote:Hmm... considering the card is called 'Overdoese' it only seems reasonable people are putting too much of it into their file...

I find it sad that Logress apparently finds the time to joke around while people insult the guts out of each other just one thread below (At the time of writing).
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby killer_floss » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:29 am

Icyman2 wrote:Logress, what augments need is a way to deal with mids and bigger units. Overdose as it is currently is just giving them more anti rush tactics. I think it would be better if overdose just did high damage to one unit.

But that's already what overdose does, it's the synergy with augments that makes it special. Personally I love Overdose, it's low cost, follows the Lawtia theme...and essentially our version of return if we can time it right. Granted Augments still have a tougher time with Falkow decks and any other cards that go off before my units can act.
killer_floss

Postby Muklas » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:33 am

Walled Auguments with Command Dolls, they couldn't get past 20 DF Scarlet Rose.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Anima13 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:25 am

I think the augmented are representing very godd the general trend that lawtia is taking since several sets. Lawtia is becoming the new gowen. meaning that they slowly start to get the most sp efficient units. The fact that that despite this lawtia still has access to resource drain is a bit strange.
I have ablsolutly no understanding why this trend is not discussed on the same lvl as return and jewel, emana, ruuca and co.

On the other side I understand that it enables many new players to make a reasonable deck with set11 for folrart. Yet I belive there is a need for some tweak (or buffs in other spheres).
Because I undestand the fun of using overdose and dont want to kill it i wouldnt change much on attacks and hp of units, but instead think about giving overdose an additional openskill effect that hinders the player to set a unit next turn. The effect is not that big especially knowing there is summer and other card retreaval mechanisms (one could argue 1 turn is not enough due to this) but I think lawtia has to be punished for becoming gowenlike just like falkow units are punished for being capable to keep up with gowen.

killer_floss wrote: it's low cost, follows the Lawtia theme...and essentially our version of return if we can time it right.

your return is shade and deatch embrace. overdose is your fire arrow.
Last edited by Anima13 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anima13

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:26 am

Moans about augments are silly.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau