Mid Refess Swarm + Underdog Variant

Strategies and Card File Construction

Mid Refess Swarm + Underdog Variant

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Here's a variant of my deck. It's the one i played the most and highest record out of them so i think it's best to post this one.
Tell me what you think about the deck.
http://s11.postimage.org/5pp3xjun5/4046 ... 8933_n.jpg
Basically get loads of SP and try to crush the opponent with whatever mids you feel like spamming. :lol:

Before you even ask: No! I don't have resource SS i would really like too. Q_Q That SS would have won me few more games for sure. :/

How you play the file is up to you. At first i tried to play an early stall of mids until late game when i got phoenix chick out, played that super shield on it with all the SP and if things got really bad i dropped animated dead. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ofcourse the shield can be terrible annoying early on too for the opponent. I just lack better cards to use, i lack LOTS of rares, so maybe you can do a much better file out of this.

Feel free to ask questions about every unit or card in the deck. ^^
I call it the Mid Level Swarm of Doom and Destruction! @_@ (ya i need to change deck name)
Last edited by Peralisc9001 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Re: Rate my Refess file!

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:59 pm

B-, Mayleen WIsp gimic gets predictable.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby gadu » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:29 am

Game Over in that file! :shock: It might be good to drop the elephant for a more versatile unit.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby shadowsketch » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:09 am

SS-wise:

Ideally you want to be able to hit both the Mayleen and Wisp SS in the same turn, since if you let the opponent have a phase after Mayleen goes off, he can just place the SP in levels and render Wisp useless. I recommend using +3 Refess levels > Cait Sith, +2 Ref/+1 whatevs > Cait Sith, +SP, etc. In addition, I think three Lelein's is too much considering she drains 2 SP for her ability. Kaldrao works as an alternative to Resource, but it is an EX card so it's hard to get. Otherwise, 3 LP/2 LP SS work, stuff like 2LP 50 dmg, 2LP SP-based damage, 3LP 3-cards removed from graveyard, etc.

Main File wise:

Mammoth/Phoenix is a decent combo, so I'll go off that. Mammoth works with RNG increases like Flying or Invisible Edge. Plus Falkow gives Sylphs, giving you a massive speedy hit per turn.

I really don't think think you have the SP to support Lawtia in this file, so I'd take out Animated Dead and Game Over. Star Dragon is another SP intensive card, so I'd take that out.

That said, you need more SP generation overall, so consider your SS/grim options there. Overall, I think your best set up is mainly Refess | moderately Gowen | splash in Falkow. I've talked about Falkow already for Mammoth, so I'll elaborate on Gowen. Gowen gives you Salamander and Burning Air. Burning Air is efficient removal for an opponent building up a field, plus it helps out with setting off counterskills for your own units. Since you have Verlaat-Bringer, you can easily recoup the lost HP with Claevolg. Also, while it's risky in this file, Lucia, Keeper of Grace is an option. Restoring HP is decent, but her start ability means Mammoth goes to 140 ATK, Phoenix goes to 90, etc. The only thing I worry about is that Refess units are slow so with fast units the opponent can take advantage of the effect before you can.

Oh, and if you have any Veteran Folrart Knights, use those. They're one of the best mid-Refess cards, plus they get powered up by Verlaat-Bringer.
shadowsketch

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:20 am

gadu wrote:Game Over in that file! :shock: It might be good to drop the elephant for a more versatile unit.

What do you have in mind? Elephant is great to have imo with verlaat he gets HP back and holds the field! :lol: :lol: :lol:
One of the variations has level 4 miffere instead of guardian. Verlaat and miffy were healing like crazy everything on the field (no it's not as good as the other variations). XD

@shadow
i get TONS of SP with the file the way it is, i don't want more SP gen in there ... the actual problem is to find the right units to combo and drop on the field
as the first post says it's basically a mid level swarm! and i didn't just randomly say that

ya i thought of veteran paladin too, got only the 1 copy tho :/

Oh and as bad as leilen might look it OWNS the field if played right, even beaten EN with this file @_@ (ya basically exploited the missplays of the opponent but a win is a win)
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Muklas » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:36 am

It'd be nice if the new refess starter came with three guardians since I have none, also Pera drop that game over for something useful.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:11 pm

It turned out that one variant of this file was an underdog. I was getting wins without noticing it at first and i check the underdog list to get my last 2 wins for the underdog.

I usually don't bother with the underdog achievement it's really troublesome to go through that giant nasty list. >_>

Anyways posting this version in hope it might help at least few iczers to bypass the stress and unnecessary burden of going through all the trouble to make a working underdog file:

Feel free to improve the file and use it for yourself. @_@

The way i usually open was: miffere (lv 4 refess) > keseran > spined piglet or let stuff die by playing recovery powder > more piglets or mamoth > verlaat to kill one enemy unit (usually works a lot better if miff / kesseran are still alive, more max HP hate)
Fool around as you please, try to make the opponent swarm the field so you then drop a burning sun on him. It takes basically 5 dead units until first leily is activated. Keep that in mind (although it's obvious).
Also there's the fun tactic of just swarming units and when you have enough SP banked you play game over, let something die if you have to.
Often i played game over and burning sun one after the other. Totally ruins the opponent.
Wish i had kaldaro or resourse SS for last.
Leilen SS is still sort of good vs EN. You can tear them apart with that SS alone.

Well anyways good luck with your Underdog challenge. It's really horrid to have to play it in this environment.

Every card aside from like the hand of god, are underdog cards from what i remember.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Re: Mid Refess Swarm + Underdog Variant

Postby shadowsketch » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:40 pm

You're right, I phrased what I said wrong.

What I meant was the lack of guaranteed SP gain. Mayleen/Wisp gains SP, but it's not guaranteed. Miff can gain tons of SP, but if she dies early she gains little SP. Your only guaranteed SP gain is Recovery Powder and Mayleen.

Seems necessary since more and more people are using engage/removal SS (so you can't Unwanted Charity to avoid them) and the occasional Fierte.
shadowsketch

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:11 pm

If you can then bank that SP into units to counter fierte. :/
It's how i somehow managed to deal with it.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:31 pm

Meh, Veteran Folrart Paladin is merely adequate for what they can do, don't count on them, they're really easily beaten up.

U see, I was trolling this mid red player with two veteran folrart paladin on the field supporting sergis.. So he got all butthurt and sakura'd sergus then song of hero'd athira shin to do 160 damage to both after being trolled for few turns with full heals.

But alas for him cuz he blew his wad pushing my tanks around so Zagar just whaled on him. Ty for funding my Charge to the Rescue by keeping on dropping continuous stream of lvl 5-6 units. Its fun smacking op and broken units around for over 400 damage in revenge for all the times they dominated folrart arena.
Callonia

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum