Mid Refess Swarm + Underdog Variant

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Mid Refess Swarm + Underdog Variant

Postby justtmpuser » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:34 am

Awesome deck, had a blast playing against it. As soon as I saw Miffyre + KP + Armadillo, I knew it will be glorious battle, one that I won't mind losing. And boy, was I right or was I right? Together we generated more SP than 2 regular games together. ;) And yes, I know you hated Guardian Sphinx revive (I'll tell it once again: change should have been 1sp -> 1 unit), but now you know how it feels to play against return. :P
This is my deck, so you can imagine it was real clash of titans (5+ SP available to both sides at all times, fun times :lol: ).
justtmpuser

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:15 am

Oh you had only two sphinxes ... i guess i should have hand of god that instead of giving up hope ... @_@

You are basically the reason i packed that game over. That bloody sphinx is utterly annoying. :x :x :x

Out of the 20+ refess mirror games i had, i think the one against sphinx reviving full field about 5 times or more, was the most irritating one. Q_Q Really hate refess mirrors.

Oh and i think my field didn't have armadilo during the sphinx going on rampant revive spree.
It was basically: verlaat (which you couldn't summon XD) mammoth, phoenix chick and star dragon!
I might have used that level 5 super strong zagar if i had him, he would have helped a lot for sure at banking SP.

Also i think i should have moved my last verlaat in the back, put star dragon front ... but was too outraged at that bloody sphinx Q_Q WHY ISN'T THE ERRATA LIST ANYWHERE ON THE MAIN PAGE?? FFS!!! I could have prepared better for it. -.-

I think sphinx only works in a file with miffere in it. You seriously do need the tons of SP to keep an immortal field up!
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:07 pm

What's this I hear? QQing about Sphinx? Errata did right, unbelievable. I seem to recall that sphinx used to be a lulzy punching bag for gowen in the past.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:17 pm

1 SP to revive single target is more reasonable than super revive the entire field. That's like a 3 SP Holy light every round if you got miffere on the field. Believe it or not, it is ridiculously good once you set up. Game over is basically the only serious counter in that situation.

You should really catch up with the current state of refess decks. They are not weak, callonia.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:1 SP to revive single target is more reasonable than super revive the entire field. That's like a 3 SP Holy light every round if you got miffere on the field. Believe it or not, it is ridiculously good once you set up. Game over is basically the only serious counter in that situation.

You should really catch up with the current state of refess decks. They are not weak, callonia.

I already tear sphinx apart with my refess decks. What i have right now is already good enough and i'm being careful of turning them into character spam. Although that is unavoidable in some situations.

And no, you can still beat the field down if you have enough force on field and cripple the refess field.
Callonia

Postby shadowsketch » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:36 pm

I was inspired to try Sphinx after reading this and it makes the Gowen matchup ridiculous. It can't be Fire Arrowed, can't be Sakura'd, and if you park it in the back then most Gowen decks have to bust through your frontline to get to it (and then you just revive and fight back).

I'm playing a version with Lawtia, some cards that have been helping me out:

Fortune -- Played 2 Serpent files today, and I love how she renders Frog useless. She buys time to set up your field. And even versus Ref she isn't 100% useless since she can Bash and engage a unit.

Haste Sorceress -- Initially I tried her just to smack Guardian for some damage, but I haven't been fighting many rush files recently. Instead, she speeds up other units and can use her pinpoint to knock out opposing utility units or speed up your own units (then regain the HP back with Miff or Verlaat-Bringer).

Angry Mob -- Powers up units, deals a good 40 damage, and deals damage on close. SP loss on death isn't even a big deal with Miff.

And you can always run Alphonse/the Lawt&Ref Annarose.
shadowsketch

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum