Sprint #3 Preview

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Sprint #3 Preview

Postby MysteryMan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:47 am

Sprint #3 will focus on getting the baseline on new development. It won't seem like much, but it's getting the groundwork done for new development.

This plan is subject to drastic change
Sprint #3:
- Replace the current card list with a better one in .NET.
o Better grid (KendoUI)
o Better and easier to use filtering
o Small tricks to improve load times (such as merging card images from a set into a single image and showing sections of that image)
- SignlaR prototype
o Allow one user to drag a card around.
o Allow an infinite amount of users to watch the location of that card in real time as if they were standing of the user's shoulder.
o (Optional) Record and load the entire session
MysteryMan

Re: Sprint #3 Preview

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:57 am

How much of the sprint #2 is somewhat achieved? I still wish to see people's reactions! XD

Anyways, not sure you got the time to look over the forum and notice the bug report posts. But i already posted 2 bugs under the bug forums and i think some posted few of their own findings in there two.

Mainly the zendesk site where you are supposed to send bugs dosn't work anymore. Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13597

And also the bug that i did want to report was the fact that sometimes when you spent a while in folrart, if you click any tabs that weren't previously loaded the entire game page reloads to MY ICZER page with a nameless iczername, 3863 gran in my case and basically disconnected from the game.

Sprint #3 isn't what i'm waiting for but it's still great. Perhaps the card file section will start loading faster, that will be nice! @_@
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:58 am

Sprint 2 is moving a bit slowly it seems, what happens if major parts of a sprint fail to be achieved? Are they carried onto the next one?
Romdeau

Postby MysteryMan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:25 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:How much of the sprint #2 is somewhat achieved? I still wish to see people's reactions! XD

Anyways, not sure you got the time to look over the forum and notice the bug report posts. But i already posted 2 bugs under the bug forums and i think some posted few of their own findings in there two.

Mainly the zendesk site where you are supposed to send bugs dosn't work anymore. Thread:
http://www.alteil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13597

And also the bug that i did want to report was the fact that sometimes when you spent a while in folrart, if you click any tabs that weren't previously loaded the entire game page reloads to MY ICZER page with a nameless iczername, 3863 gran in my case and basically disconnected from the game.

Sprint #3 isn't what i'm waiting for but it's still great. Perhaps the card file section will start loading faster, that will be nice! @_@

Thanks! I'll take care of Zendesk within the next hour. I'll work on upgrading it while I'm at it so people can rate our tickets. I take full responsibility for this bug - this one was my fault, not the provider's.

As for sprint #3, it's all for new development so it won't affect the existing flash, it'll just lay the foundation for things to come. That brings us to sprint #4's current plan - convert the file to HTML5 (near-instant load times, drag and drop, show if a file is an underdog, etc)
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:32 am

The Zendesk account has now been upgraded from the free preview to the Regular paid model. This means that it's back online with new features that we'll be slowly adding on :)
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:02 am

Romdeau wrote:Sprint 2 is moving a bit slowly it seems, what happens if major parts of a sprint fail to be achieved? Are they carried onto the next one?

Sprints should have their tasks completed in order of importance so if something fails it's the least important item. This is generally speaking, of course.

Right now:
Rollovers are determined as needed. For example, if video production of the intro video slips it'll probably be finished next sprint. If create a landing page slips it may not make it to the next sprint because of more important tasks. Conversely, if one team is ahead of schedule we will make new tasks (for example I really want to reduce the number of clicks needed for making a new Iczer).

Ultimately we should add two more columns - epics and backlog. The backlog would contain upcoming tasks for the next sprint. If an item isn't completed it' be thrown back into the backlog. If there's a gap in things to do it can be pulled from the backlog. The backlog will be reprioritised every sprint and you pull off the top. Epics will contain high level concepts that are also reprioritised every sprint. The backlog will contain tasks that are required to finish the current epic.
MysteryMan

Postby Teru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:37 pm

MysteryMan wrote:o Allow one user to drag a card around.

hnnnnnng
Teru

Postby InfernityFan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:06 pm

MysteryMan wrote:o Allow one user to drag a card around.

Is it a good idea? I personally think it won't work that well with Alteil, because it takes time. Also, we essentially have the entire deck in my hand. It's fine with, say, Magic 2013 because you only need to select one among several cards to drag to the field. Even in the field you can drag it anywhere and the computer will auto place it. It's different with Alteil where card placement is critical.
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Callonia » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Why do we have to drag cards around? the move command and placement selection works perfectly fine, its not broken. no need to fix it.

Devote ur manpower to fixing what's actually broken is more important like bugs than something that's not broken because it's working already. Don't waste ur time doing something unnecessary. mysteryman.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:46 pm

MysteryMan wrote:Thanks! I'll take care of Zendesk within the next hour. I'll work on upgrading it while I'm at it so people can rate our tickets. I take full responsibility for this bug - this one was my fault, not the provider's.

It appears it's still not working. There was also the one guy in the chat complaining he couldn't send a report about not receiving his gran after using paypal, so i shared my forum account because it seems not even the forum registration worked for him ...

Oh well. Good luck fixing it!
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion