What's up with the lack of complaints about MD Aug/OD spam

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

What's up with the lack of complaints about MD Aug/OD spam

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:35 pm

Just curious why people aren't complaining about this blatant balance issue.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Re: What's up with the lack of complaints about MD Aug/OD sp

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Asking others to complain about the game is stupid, immoral and unethical.

Opening such a thread is pure bigotry.

Why not ask to torch the alteil office while we are at it?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Ropey » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:15 pm

It is curious the amount of threads calling for the heads of such innocent cards and no one mentions this. It's the number 1 noob combo. Please don't get me started on Phoenix Chick!
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Shadow1798 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Well, it wouldn't be much of a conversation.

"Overdose is overpowered."
"Yes. Yes it is."
And that would be the end of the discussion.

There's no arguments about it because it being overpowered because there is no other side to it. Nobody is going to defend it. Why even bother?
It's not a Falkow card. There is no Lawtia Gon that defends overpowered cards for 10+ pages.
Rapidly Flying Apprentice's Kill Count: 14 Izcers.
Shadow1798

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:33 pm

Phonix chik? Lol

I remember the one guy moaning about phoenix chick and then brought out his stupidly op imba dilate. Wtf?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AqvasFire2 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:07 pm

I'll tell you why:

1) It's random.
2) You can cost yourself a match using it in a couple of ways.

For the first issue: imagine your opponent has guardian, miffyre (set 11 ver.), and wisp on the field. You overdose your MD augment, the 2x30 hits the wisp and the guardian. Then the close skill hits the wisp again. Then on top of that, you had another unit on the front row with your MD augment, which the guardian slaps with her counter skill.

Crap like this can happen fairly regularly if you're not careful.

For the second issue, there are a couple of ways:

1) You're playing vs. Falkow, who returns your MD augment that same turn. Yeah you get the 2x30 (if you're lucky), but since all opens resolve before a single close, MD augment's close doesn't fire at all. If you're unlucky, you just lost 2 SP and a level 3 for your opponent's level 3 grim. GJ. Losing a roll to a disarmament may have similar consequences.

2) If you spam the damn thing, you're using up cards at a fast rate. While you're not adding to your field, your opponent sets more and more units. So while you use up 3 ODs and your MD augment, your opponent is on his 2nd/3rd copies of multiple units. After which point, you're looking at a one-sided beatdown.

3) Don't forget that after you OD your doll, your field is weaker against whatever your opponent has remaining. Which can bite you pretty hard if you expose squishier or slower units to more focused attacks.

In the right situation, is overdose powerful? Oh yes. It can absolutely swing games, no questions asked. But is it a brainless point and click OMFG 130 DAMAGE FOR 1 SP LOLOL? No.

IMO it's like the rest of Lawtia's double-edged grims--fantastic if you can hit it correctly, and pretty damn bad if misused.
AqvasFire2

Postby InfernityFan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Phonix chik? Lol

I remember the one guy moaning about phoenix chick and then brought out his stupidly op imba dilate. Wtf?

It's still annoying to face that dang chick if I'm not prepared with removals :( Chick makes a much better tank than Dilate in a high SP environment, Dilate is easier to work around. Though offensively, Dilate still has that OP 1 SP slash.
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Scientiafide » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:22 pm

I think the more important question is why do people bother complaining about OP cards at all? This game went bankrupt once, the playerbase is currently incredibly small, and there are loads of other more pressing problems to attend to.

And honestly, the balance in this game is not all that bad. I've definitely seen much worse in other games. Even MTG has it's balance issues, so I don't really expect perfection. Complaining that a game has balance issues is like complaining that your electronics need electricity to run. They're both unavoidable conclusions that everyone knows are inevitable, and that ultimately in the long run aren't really worth complaining about.

And I could understand if the game is so out of balance that it ruins your gameplay experience, or if all the good cards were only high rarity cards (making the good files inaccessible to most), but these things aren't true either. There are tons of good viable cards in all rarities. In fact there are several viable file types composed mostly of 1 and 2 stars; we all know there are a lot of good 1 and 2 star cards in this game. I'd say that, other than a few key OP cards and underpowered cards (balance issues present in pretty much any game you encounter), this game is mostly balanced. I'd also say that our player base is too small to make any definite conclusions (another reason we should focus on that problem instead). Any stats currently being gathered are tarnished by having such a small sample size, and by the fact that certain cards are way more available than others, while most other cards are difficult to acquire. Similarly, making balancing decisions purely on anecdotal evidence or your gut isn't good either. And of course given that we're still playing this game I think it's safe to assume we believe the game is fun despite it's balance issues ;)

Anyway, if you want to complain about aspects of alteil, there are various other places to look. Try giving alteil's bad product policies a shot, that's a popular yet viable topic :3

Scientiafide

Postby InfernityFan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Scientiafide wrote:I think the more important question is why do people bother complaining about OP cards at all? This game went bankrupt once, the playerbase is currently incredibly small, and there are loads of other more pressing problems to attend to.

And honestly, the balance in this game is not all that bad. I've definitely seen much worse in other games. Even MTG has it's balance issues, so I don't really expect perfection. Complaining that a game has balance issues is like complaining that your electronics need electricity to run. They're both unavoidable conclusions that everyone knows are inevitable, and that ultimately in the long run aren't really worth complaining about.

And I could understand if the game is so out of balance that it ruins your gameplay experience, or if all the good cards were only high rarity cards (making the good files inaccessible to most), but these things aren't true either. There are tons of good viable cards in all rarities. In fact there are several viable file types composed mostly of 1 and 2 stars; we all know there are a lot of good 1 and 2 star cards in this game. I'd say that, other than a few key OP cards and underpowered cards (balance issues present in pretty much any game you encounter), this game is mostly balanced. I'd also say that our player base is too small to make any definite conclusions (another reason we should focus on that problem instead). Any stats currently being gathered are tarnished by having such a small sample size, and by the fact that certain cards are way more available than others, while most other cards are difficult to acquire. Similarly, making balancing decisions purely on anecdotal evidence or your gut isn't good either. And of course given that we're still playing this game I think it's safe to assume we believe the game is fun despite it's balance issues ;)

Anyway, if you want to complain about aspects of alteil, there are various other places to look. Try giving alteil's bad product policies a shot, that's a popular yet viable topic :3

The soundest argument I have seen for a while in this forum. I'm definitely with you there 100%.
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:36 pm

This isn't really a complaint about balance, but a question about why people aren't complaining about it. There are lots of borderline OP cards people never complain about.

Btw I don't actually think the pheonix chick or Verlaat or Miffyre are overpowered. I may update my opinion in light on new information, though.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion