Stalling after loosing the Game

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Stalling after loosing the Game

Postby skillll7 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:33 pm

Pikeru wrote:
LoneKnight wrote:It's only wasting time when you could be playing another game. It's incredibly petty and immature.

The same could be said for using cowardly decks like these. Eye for an eye, they're begging for people to spite them.

Although I'm not one to comment on fights/dumb arguments, I'd have to say this irks me. There are several types of players, and this is being incredibly closed-minded on this subject. It's like you have a lack of theory of mind to go beyond your own thoughts.

Have you ever heard of the story where the child who always wants a game to go her way ends up not being part of the game at all?
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby methebest » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:17 pm

loseings fine if you can play
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby gadu » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:55 am

These people that are stalling me these days can QQ all they want about OP this and OP that, but if they spent their 5 minute stall time learning how to play the game instead being sore losers, they might be able to get their RP above 1500 and realize that the truth of the matter is that they have very little talent, rather than their opponents using OP cards like Dion or Talisman Mystic. :roll:
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby methebest » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:06 am

gadu wrote:These people that are stalling me these days can QQ all they want about OP this and OP that, but if they spent their 5 minute stall time learning how to play the game instead being sore losers, they might be able to get their RP above 1500 and realize that the truth of the matter is that they have very little talent, rather than their opponents using OP cards like Dion or Talisman Mystic. :roll:

last i checked my rp was above 1500 >.>
methebest

Postby MysteryMan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:51 am

Sticking with the original intent of this post, how about a "report unsportsmanlike like conduct" button?

It'd have a radio box that'd let you choose what type of conduct, a textbox for more data, and would send this and a full recording of chat/the battle to the GMs?
MysteryMan

Postby Romdeau » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:57 am

I don't think there's a reasonable justification for "players should have 5 minutes to decide upon a move". How about reducing the time limit by 1 minute?
Romdeau

Postby methebest » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:01 am

MysteryMan wrote:Sticking with the original intent of this post, how about a "report unsportsmanlike like conduct" button?

It'd have a radio box that'd let you choose what type of conduct, a textbox for more data, and would send this and a full recording of chat/the battle to the GMs?

that could be a good idea

but you need a terroism option for shits and giggles >.>
methebest

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:08 am

@Goblin - i also believe the time limit is a bit too high. See new players will see it justified to wait out the 5 minutes and stare at cards to try to understand what your strategy is all about! And they aren't really wrong about doing this since it is actually within the game's rules, within what the game's mechanics allows.

What's worse is the fact that some of them might take a look at your graveyard or field after the battle has been fought and try to see what cards caused him/her to loose the game that if they don't know them well yet ...

I mean for learning the game and the cards, there is that valuable spectator mode which players can use and thus lowering the time limit would be a lot better. Change this game rule itself. Unwritten rules are far more respected than those written (which probably nobody bothers reading anyway).

First turn should be for now still maximum 5 minutes because it takes a while to get a game and it does also take sometimes few attempts to find one (pressing the search button), which gets you really bored and makes you browse through tabs on other sites.

But every turn after shouldn't be any longer than 2-3 minutes.

Crest could keep the 5 minutes time limit entirely, since it's only for new players anyway. They will spend lots of time reading the cards in-game i bet.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:23 pm

They have report features in League of Legends and I think it is generally viewed as a good thing. Allowing people to report positive behavior helped things a lot, too.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:33 pm

uhh... I once had a game so laggy that I almost ran out of time waiting for something to move (click okay... 20 seconds before animation happens), so I vote no to taht idea.
Icyman2

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau