Prejudice in Alteil

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Prejudice in Alteil

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:40 pm

One phenomenon that I have repeatedly noticed in my 2-3 years being involved with this game is prejudiced attitudes and frequent stereotyping behavior. It is relatively common for players to identify strongly as "lawtia players" or "refess players" and stereotype players with other preferences or just develop strong prejudice against others.

What do you guys think about this? Is it expected? Is it normal? Should it be acceptable?

Personally I don't really think it is conducive to having a healthy community and I think we should collectively make efforts to regulate these attitudes.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Re: Prejudice in Alteil

Postby InfernityFan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:59 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:One phenomenon that I have repeatedly noticed in my 2-3 years being involved with this game is prejudiced attitudes and frequent stereotyping behavior. It is relatively common for players to identify strongly as "lawtia players" or "refess players" and stereotype players with other preferences or just develop strong prejudice against others.

What do you guys think about this? Is it expected? Is it normal? Should it be acceptable?

Personally I don't really think it is conducive to having a healthy community and I think we should collectively make efforts to regulate these attitudes.

It's more of because the posts in the forum me think. More often that not, players like to play all kinds of sphere. Like BlackSunRX is said to be a Gowen player, but from two duels I remembered from dueling him, he was playing Big Refess instead. For you Gon, the duel that impresses me the most is still your replay playing Crest file against Urgrant. There are many other examples out there, but you get my point :)
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Scientiafide » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Oh come on, Gon, this post is a bit silly. Well, guess it's to be expected from a falkow player...

Scientiafide

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:00 pm

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I think it's a legitimate problem that should be addressed.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Ropey » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:07 pm

Right from the start you are asked to choose a sphere and you will always have an affinity to certain factions. As you gain more experience with the game this does soften, but surly the rivalry is part of the game?
I have noticed on more than one occasion you have gone out of you way to stick up for Falkow. Your sig shows your bias along with your guild I believe? You even hosted a sphere war tournament! I often think that all this clouds your views, and stops you from being the voice you would like to be in the community.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:26 pm

You're a falkow player. Why tf are you trying to deny it in a such dramatic way with a pretentiously offended attitude?

I was a lawtia player and I don't see what this garbage thread is here for other than defending someone's hurt pride. Your hurt pride gon.

Callonia is a refess player. I don't see him whining about being called one.

Anyways I say was, because I have yet to find a deck I am much interested in. Refess is very appealing these days. The new verlaat looks sort of 'cool' and not gay like that level 2.
I lack cards, mainly rares and can't really find or haven't found yet something to go along with my playstyle aside from that mid refess rush, which I sort of adore but hate the mirrors. @_@
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:34 pm

I am not a "falkow player" I am a person. My name is Carl. I am an alteil player, among other things. I don't appreciate the stereotype.

I made a falkow guild in large part to rampant prejudice, which doesn't make me biased. There are just a lot of memes running around the forum that are just not true.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby methebest » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:25 pm

non falkow play makes falkow guild.

intresting indeed.

on a side note im a lawtia player.
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:29 pm

I would play anything I have cards for but most of the falkow cards are designed so badly that it can't be played and the ones that were designed well I don't have. The story of my life.
Icyman2

Postby NitroDino » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:39 pm

What type of player am I?
NitroDino

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion