Stalling after loosing the Game

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Stalling after loosing the Game

Postby Pikeru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:46 pm

skillll7 wrote:
Pikeru wrote:
LoneKnight wrote:It's only wasting time when you could be playing another game. It's incredibly petty and immature.

The same could be said for using cowardly decks like these. Eye for an eye, they're begging for people to spite them.

Although I'm not one to comment on fights/dumb arguments, I'd have to say this irks me. There are several types of players, and this is being incredibly closed-minded on this subject. It's like you have a lack of theory of mind to go beyond your own thoughts.

Have you ever heard of the story where the child who always wants a game to go her way ends up not being part of the game at all?

It's easy to call someone close-minded when their views differ from your own. However, to unjustifiably insult them reveals a sense of hypocrisy. However, to sum up what I'm trying to say:
methebest wrote:loseings fine if you can play

My thoughts exactly, but if your opponent uses return effects and sp drain, you don't get to play. They've forced you into watching them play solitaire and solitaire is not meant to be watched. Hence the name "solitaire" as in solitary.
methebest wrote:
gadu wrote:These people that are stalling me these days can QQ all they want about OP this and OP that, but if they spent their 5 minute stall time learning how to play the game instead being sore losers, they might be able to get their RP above 1500 and realize that the truth of the matter is that they have very little talent, rather than their opponents using OP cards like Dion or Talisman Mystic. :roll:

last i checked my rp was above 1500 >.>

Lol, likewise. It's funny when people make wrong assumptions.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Callonia » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:19 pm

Come watch wizard kingdom play solitaire. Protip: He's really bad at solitaire, took him over a hour to finish a game of it.

https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/audi ... 0f95a3e685
Callonia

Postby skillll7 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Pikeru wrote:
skillll7 wrote:
Pikeru wrote:The same could be said for using cowardly decks like these. Eye for an eye, they're begging for people to spite them.

Although I'm not one to comment on fights/dumb arguments, I'd have to say this irks me. There are several types of players, and this is being incredibly closed-minded on this subject. It's like you have a lack of theory of mind to go beyond your own thoughts.

Have you ever heard of the story where the child who always wants a game to go her way ends up not being part of the game at all?

It's easy to call someone close-minded when their views differ from your own.

It's that you said that they're begging for people to spite them. This is a game over the internet - people don't get to see each other - and the guy at the other end might as well be AI for all intents and purposes. However, the fact that you can actually retroactively chat is a sign of emotions on the opposite side of the screen. Just because the balance/design team created a bunch of cards, and people have decided to use these cards, does not mean you can just blame and hate them for doing so. They're just playing their own game, just as you want to play yours. Yet you spite people for using dumb strategies as if for some reason using their own cards is a terrible thing, and that they should feel bad about it. I'm not saying these cards are balanced, nor am I saying I condone the fact that the cards they use are overpowered, but just as Peralisc says - blame the game, not the player.
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:56 pm

I used to think BKR/Jack/Bringer files were mindless imba. Then I actually played the file myself, and realized that any idiot could play it, but very, very few people had the skill it play it really well. You'd be surprised. Even Urgrant files back in the day required a lot of skill for handling different matchups. You guys might lose to one file a lot and think it mindless, but to actually play files across a variety of matchups consistently well is no simple task.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby fargone » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:07 pm

I would like to state my support for mysteryman's idea for a reporting mechanism.

I would also like to suggest the removal of everyone in this and other threads who have tried to justify this kind of behaviour.

There is NO justification for being a nob in game. The fact that you try to justify your behaviour and try to place blame onto others clearly exposes you. I see no reason to keep you here at all. You will only serve to insult others and ruin their gaming experience.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Callonia » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:28 pm

What does nob even mean?
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:02 pm

It's a common misspelling for gon.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Pikeru » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:45 pm

fargone wrote:You will only serve to insult others and ruin their gaming experience.

Too late, Return already succeeded in that regard ages ago.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby fargone » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Pikeru wrote:
fargone wrote:You will only serve to insult others and ruin their gaming experience.

Too late, Return already succeeded in that regard ages ago.

Return is, sadly, part of the game.

Your attitude toward other players and your impact on their experience is purely your own.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:22 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I used to think BKR/Jack/Bringer files were mindless imba. Then I actually played the file myself, and realized that any idiot could play it, but very, very few people had the skill it play it really well. You'd be surprised. Even Urgrant files back in the day required a lot of skill for handling different matchups. You guys might lose to one file a lot and think it mindless, but to actually play files across a variety of matchups consistently well is no simple task.

This. So very much of this. The thing that makes great games great is that they're easy to pick up and also hard to master.

A file with ridiculous potential that only Worthing can play says nothing about imba. A file that anyone can autopilot into 9/1 or 1/9 matches isn't interesting either. That's something the Alteil balance team has yet to wrap their minds around.
AqvasFire2

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau